Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New owner to my Kodiaq last week. Love driving it!

However I've noticed that while the wing mirror drops/tilts to the angle I set it to; it doesn't seem to rise back up when I start to drive again. I've read the manual a few times to see if I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to find anything.

Anyone got a clue or is there something wrong?

Thanks,

Sdot

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does it not revert at all? It should revert after you drive in a forward gear over a set speed (sorry can't remember exact speed, but it's not that fast)

·
Registered
949 Posts
MrNice said:
Does it not revert at all? It should revert after you drive in a forward gear over a set speed (sorry can't remember exact speed, but it's not that fast)
15kmh or 9.32mph in old money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, after a little bit of speed the mirror should angle back to what was set.

Typically though (and thankfully) the car played nice today and did come back to the original set position after I reversed :)

Reactions: Babi

·
Registered
117 Posts
Unfortunately, I need to revive this thread...

I finally got around to activating this feature and setting it as per the instructions. It works reliably: when I go into reverse (with the mirror knob set to the passenger side), the mirror tilts down to the set position to show me the kerb. HOWEVER, it is not reverting to normal position. According to the manual, it should return to its position after driving forward at >15kph. However, the mirror is consistently NOT returning to normal position even after driving for some distance at normal speeds (50+ kph).

I either have to re-adjust it manually or press and hold the memory button for my seat settings, which brings the mirror back to its normal position. Setting the mirror knob to a setting other than passenger side does not put the mirror back either (the manual said this should work too).

This happens consistently. The manual offers no further explanation.

Any more ideas, anyone? This is the first actual problem I am having with my new Kodiaq.

Thanks,
JR

Font Number Document Screenshot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
It was one thing I wished I'd ordered, glad I didn't waste my money. With all these annoying little electrical problems Skoda must be paying the little Gremlins overtime!! :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem as JR. I've set my memory seats and mirrors, select reverse and passenger mirror dips but maybe 1 in 15 times it reverts back to normal. I usually have to press the memory seat number to get it back to normal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Kennyw87 said:
I have the same problem as JR. I've set my memory seats and mirrors, select reverse and passenger mirror dips but maybe 1 in 15 times it reverts back to normal. I usually have to press the memory seat number to get it back to normal.
You described my situation exactly. I disabled the feature in Settings and that's that. Not important enough an issue to waste time with the dealer.

JR

·
Registered
11 Posts
I normally wouldn't bother either, but being a brand new car and dealership guaranteeing everything was in full working order after PDI I feel very annoyed having to go back with a problem after a couple weeks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but did you manage to get this sorted Kennyw87? I’ve got the same issue but Skoda said they weren’t aware of a fix!
Hi, given that is a really old thread you might be better off posting your issue from scratch on a new thread as sometimes in forums old threads are not that easy to make visible again and/or old contributors/users are not longer in the forum or just away for the moment. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts