Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Skoda kodiaq Edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi kodiaq people just purchased my Skoda kodiaq and now have chip in the windscreen a company called AZ is coming tomorrow to replace the windscreen is there anything I should know I have been told there is a camera and should be calibrated is this true please advise guys thank you 馃槉

Registered
2022 sportline in race blue
Hi kodiaq people just purchased my Skoda kodiaq and now have chip in the windscreen a company called AZ is coming tomorrow to replace the windscreen is there anything I should know I have been told there is a camera and should be calibrated is this true please advise guys thank you 馃槉
if you have lane assist or anyhting like that then yet it will need to be calibrated, i have the same issue with my VW that im getting done on friday, need to take it to there workshop to get this done as it cant be done on the road

Registered
Skoda kodiaq Edition
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you have lane assist or anyhting like that then yet it will need to be calibrated, i have the same issue with my VW that im getting done on friday, need to take it to there workshop to get this done as it cant be done on the road
Thank you sir for your advise

Registered
Depends on your car speciation and also the finance (if any) , a bizarre statement but I will try to explain.

Car specification, if your car has the camera system fitted then they must also recalibrate that system, removal of the camera pod will mean that the calibration may not be correct when refitted, I don鈥檛 know any company that does this with a mobile service. I had to take it to an Autoglass centre for calibration.

Finance, mine if on PHC and part of that contract is that only Skoda parts must be used. Most companies use third party screens, probably made at the same time and in the same factory as the Skoda ones but don鈥檛 that the Skoda logo/details on them. I insisted on Autoglass to use the OEM screen, they complained that they cost more but I didn鈥檛 care. I spoke to a dealer who said that it could affect my warranty if it鈥檚 not Skoda official parts.

Registered
Skoda kodiaq Edition
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on your car speciation and also the finance (if any) , a bizarre statement but I will try to explain.

Car specification, if your car has the camera system fitted then they must also recalibrate that system, removal of the camera pod will mean that the calibration may not be correct when refitted, I don鈥檛 know any company that does this with a mobile service. I had to take it to an Autoglass centre for calibration.

Finance, mine if on PHC and part of that contract is that only Skoda parts must be used. Most companies use third party screens, probably made at the same time and in the same factory as the Skoda ones but don鈥檛 that the Skoda logo/details on them. I insisted on Autoglass to use the OEM screen, they complained that they cost more but I didn鈥檛 care. I spoke to a dealer who said that it could affect my warranty if it鈥檚 not Skoda official parts.
Hello thank you sir for the information and yes it was a mobile company I have to go in to DM Keith in August the second I will mention that thank again sir take care 馃専

1 - 5 of 5 Posts