Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon fellow Kodiaqs

I have had an issue with the poor quality of the windscreen jet nozzles..firstly how do you adjust them its not like the old days when you stick a needle in and its sorted. I cannot find anything in the manual.

Secondly the power of windscreen fluid does not spray out it just DRIBBLES ....It was useless during our col;d snap despite putting near neat Screen wash and meths spirits.. Its been like this since new.

Has anyone else experienced this lack power of the screen jet to the screen? Its a small issue I know but its seriously making me re consider going back to the Superb.

Thirdly has anyone any experience of a product called heat shot that heats your screen wash and sprays to the screen useful all seasons apparently, sorely tempted since our cold snap and frozen nozzles!! ( my Kodiaq is supposed to have heated nozzles!!) www.heatshot.com/uk, any warranty issue if fitted?

Thanks in advance.

Spartan300

·
Registered
422 Posts
Spartan300 said:
fluid does not spray out it just DRIBBLES
Yep, same here.
It requires some good timing on your part to get your fluid spread across the windscreen. Get it wrong and it all gets immediately pushed down.

Upshot; with all that practice you'll be a champion at these arcade coin dozer games.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Me too. Solution.....
The jet is supposed to be fan shaped. They are only plastic, there is no metal like the single jet ones that had a tiny metal sphere with a hole.
you can do two things. Go to your dealer and insist they are replaced and/or get a very small FLAT screwdriver 2-3mm, stick it the hole and juggle it round a bit. side to side and up and down GENTLY!
It worked for me.
BUT warning. Don't overdo it!
If it is still no good go to option one!

G

·
I haven't got my Kodiaq yet but Is there not a torx screw adjacent to the washer nozzle for adjustment same as other Skoda models and the Tiguan. And if they are fan type washers you should really buy fan jet specific washer fluid as some fluids foam up to much giving poor flow. The Prestone stuff from Costco works fine with the fan jets on the Yeti, although it does not say it is suitable for fan jets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the responses , I will try the the screwdriver method....very gently , I use the Prestone stuff from Costco , Kenny R I went out to check you are absolutely right there is a very small torx screw next to the nozzle..I'll raise it once I find the right size..
Many thanks for your excellent assistance.
Regards
Spartan300

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Yes there is a Torx screw but that only adjusts the direction, not the flow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.