Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just mine or is this one of the cheapest windscreens available. Yogi arrived on 21st December, in less than two months the screen has 8+ tiny little chips. I haven't really done any long journeys, have only covered 2300 miles, don't drive fast and I'm generally a careful driver. I've got the heated screen and at this rate it won't be long before it needs replacing. In 35 years of driving (about 8 cars) never experienced anything like it and wondered what other peoples experiences are.

Normally when a stone hits a screen you know it. To date I only remember one stone hitting the window.....is this Skoda's way of selling more repeat business out of us punters? This is my first Skoda, apart from a few very minor niggles the Kodiaq is a lovely car to drive and would recommend to anyone out there. But at the moment not looking forward to replacing the screen as reading the forum re-calibration seems to be an issue. Would be interested to hear what the rest of the forum have experienced.

·
Registered
97 Posts
On the Kodiaq Facebook page somebody has gone through 3 screens, and others have chips as well. Autoglass will replace, but you must make sure you get a genuine Skoda screen replacement, then re-calibration is done properly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
markymate said:
On the Kodiaq Facebook page somebody has gone through 3 screens, and others have chips as well. Autoglass will replace, but you must make sure you get a genuine Skoda screen replacement, then re-calibration is done properly.
3!!! whats he been doing with them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am disappointed at the prospect of replacing 1, let alone 3 windscreens. Does lend you to believe its very thin or cheap glass. I know the design of the car means they have installed a screen with a steep rake, meaning the stone hit face on rather than bouncing off, but that should mean they install a more robust screen to start with. As a side point, anyone know how the heated screen works? My 2014 Volvo XC60 had clearly visible wires running through the screen, can't see anything on the Kodiaq. Maybe that what was what made them stronger.......reinforcing wire? 65.000 miles in the Volvo and not a blemish.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thought process said:
I am disappointed at the prospect of replacing 1, let alone 3 windscreens. Does lend you to believe its very thin or cheap glass. I know the design of the car means they have installed a screen with a steep rake, meaning the stone hit face on rather than bouncing off, but that should mean they install a more robust screen to start with. As a side point, anyone know how the heated screen works? My 2014 Volvo XC60 had clearly visible wires running through the screen, can't see anything on the Kodiaq. Maybe that what was what made them stronger.......reinforcing wire? 65.000 miles in the Volvo and not a blemish.
Layer of silver I think so no lines visible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts