Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, looking forward to getting my Kodiaq in late October. I have a personal preference for blacked out rear windows. I know not popular with all, but I like the look of it and the fact that no one can see in.
Does/has anyone had after market tinting done and can they share details on how it looks/photos etc?
Thanks Nick.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the rear of my last car tinted in NZ (quite necessary because of of the toasty warm summers we have here - not rubbing it in - much). I also had the rears of a car tinted in the UK before I headed south. Most tint shops will recommend grades of tint to comply with the relevant UK or NZ or wherever road traffic regulations. In my experience they will tint outside the regulations, but on a buyer beware basis and I never went down that route.

My Kodiaq comes with rear tinting which is good enough for general use, but for summer travelling with my hound I am adding a set of car shades (covered in other posts) but you can find them here: http://www.carshades.co.uk/shades-skoda-kodiaq-2016-p-5884.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

I found the tinting that came with the Kodiaq poor enough as in the kids were squinting when the sun shone. Maybe that's why they call it midnight glass. I was heading to France for the holidays so decided to get windows at rear done.

I asked my dealer and they put me onto a company that did their after market tinting. There not full black out but made a big difference to the kids in the rear.

I'll see if I can find the picture and post it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have just had mine done by a company in Newcastle called 'Tints', made a good job of it, very pleased.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for you help and advice much appreciated. The tinting looks really good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts