Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm due to pick up my car tomorrow - only had to wait 5 months!
I've been looking on the Apple/Android App stores at the various apps Skoda have produced and I have to say that I find the choice confusing. The three principal options seem to be : Skoda Connect, My Skoda, and Skoda OneApp. Do each of these offer quite separate functionality or do the represent a line of development addressing the same basic issues? If the latter, which do you recommend?

Cheers,
Geoff

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Excited or WHAT?
'Connect, tells you where the car is parked, is it locked or unlocked, consumption by journey from start date, time left before both large and small services and the option to 'honk & flash' If you have 'lost' your car (in a large car park for example)
I have just found this which explains all,

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/mobile-apps/

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colin,

I guess a mixture of excitement and relief that it's finally arrived!

It does look as if there are areas of overlap between the various apps. I'm wondering if they emanate from the same source within Skoda or whether the were developed in different departments/countries. I guess 'suck it and see' is going to be the best approach. Give me something to do over the Christmas hols! :D

Geoff

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, just wondering if I might be slightly disappointed when Yogi arrives next week. Have just sold my 63 plate Volvo xc60 to make way for the new addition to the family. The Volvo on call app not only told you the doors and windows were open but allowed you to lock/unlock them remotely. Do I understand from this thread that this is not possible on Skoda connect and it's information only?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thought process said:
Hi all, just wondering if I might be slightly disappointed when Yogi arrives next week. Have just sold my 63 plate Volvo xc60 to make way for the new addition to the family. The Volvo on call app not only told you the doors and windows were open but allowed you to lock/unlock them remotely. Do I understand from this thread that this is not possible on Skoda connect and it's information only?
thats correct you cant lock the doors from the app, iv had the app tell me a few times my car is open when iv been out had to walk all the way back to car to find that the car WAS locked.
It would be great if they had the ability to lock the doors from the app.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What happened to "simply clever" . Another useful thing the Volvo app does is email you to tell you, you have left the car unlocked. It's a very useful little item. The amount of times you get the kids and shopping out if the car and in to the house and leave it unlocked. Let's just hope Skoda take note of forums like this and continue to develop the APP to it's full potential. Does anyone know if there is an official way of feeding back suggestions in to the system?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thought process said:
What happened to "simply clever" . Another useful thing the Volvo app does is email you to tell you, you have left the car unlocked. It's a very useful little item.
The Skoda connect app will drop a notification if your car alarm goes off or if it drives out of a designated area. Your suggestion of a notification if left unlocked & ignition off is a good one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This thread seems to have been hijacked by discussion of some the minutiae of the Skoda Connect app.
If anyone has any further thoughts on the purpose of this thread, i.e. the relative merits of the three main Skoda apps, I'd be very interested to hear them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry if I've taken the topic slightly off piste but thought forums like these were to inform, help and hopefully eventually improve the product. The Kodiaq is now a premium product with a premium price tag. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car but it can be even better with fine tuning. If my 4 year old Volvo can do it (most of the safety systems on the Kodiaq have been copied from them). Why not go the whole hog. Plagiarism is the most sincere for of flattery!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Tradewind25 said:
This thread seems to have been hijacked by discussion of some the minutiae of the Skoda Connect app.
If anyone has any further thoughts on the purpose of this thread, i.e. the relative merits of the three main Skoda apps, I'd be very interested to hear them.
I find 'Connect' very useful for general reminders, but would also agree with others that 'the cake is only half baked'! It would be much more useful if locking was possible from the app.
Having checked the app you can then use the key to lock it as long as you are in range which is quite generous. Unless the car is parked hundreds of yards away on your estate ;)
'My Skoda' app is useful as it contains a full drivers manual + other items which save you faffing about trying to find the bit you want in the hard copy. By the time you have waded through all the warnings to get where you want you may well have gone do-lally! :shock:
Unfortunately my Mobile is in hospital and the old standby 'phone can't handle apps very well.
I haven't used any of the other Skoda apps.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My Skoda, as Colin says is basically the manual on your phone with a few videos thrown in.

Skoda OneApp will give you driving data (diagnostics and all). It'll tell you a host of things from your maximum speed travelled to the cost of your journey. The app has to be running though, it won't grab previous data from the car when you connect. It will also show you when you're service is due. This only really seems to work properly with mirror link which isn't compatible with all phone brands. My Samdung is fine with it but my Oneplus not so.

Skoda Connect does as Colin says. Additionally, and what I find most useful is that you can plot routes through it and send them to the cars sat nav ready for when you get in to start your journey. When you do so, it'll tell you the distance of the journey and the range of fuel you have left in the tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Last comment on the merits of lock and unlock on a smart phone. Have used my Volvo on call to check where I've parked my car and how far they went for a joyride, when I've left the car in the car park and gone to the shops the Volvo APP has emailed me to say car is unlocked. In fact you can lock and unlock the Volvo from anywhere in the world. I found it very useful and will seriously miss it. Have emailed customer servicesasking them to pass on a s suggestion for a future role out. Will set up another thread but would be good to know if/how many people want it to emphasize that there is a interest in a lock/unlock function

All the hardware is already on the car, they just need to develop the APP accordingly.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thought process said:
Last comment on the merits of lock and unlock on a smart phone. Have used my Volvo on call to check where I've parked my car and how far they went for a joyride, when I've left the car in the car park and gone to the shops the Volvo APP has emailed me to say car is unlocked. In fact you can lock and unlock the Volvo from anywhere in the world. I found it very useful and will seriously miss it. Have emailed customer servicesasking them to pass on a s suggestion for a future role out. Will set up another thread but would be good to know if/how many people want it to emphasize that there is a interest in a lock/unlock function

All the hardware is already on the car, they just need to develop the APP accordingly.
It "could" be useful if you check the app and find you've indeed left it unlocked (I live 5 floors up and Cranky is in the basement). However, I'd think most normal and sensible people would rarely have a use for the feature as people are generally clued up enough to actually lock a car when they get out. Personally, It wouldn't be high on my priorities to shout for as I don't think I need an app on my phone to babysit me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, as according to another thread it can be nicked in 3 seconds anyway even if locked :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for those thoughts.
Now that I have finally taken delivery of the car I will be assessing the apps myself in the coming days. Hopefully I'll be able to post my own thoughts here before too long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts