Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im probably ordering my kodiaq this week
just waiting on call back tomorrow from dealer with hopefully a final offer £200- £500 down from where i left him

im ordering an SE but want to upgrade the wheels immediately

ive never bought new wheels for a car or even looked into it but i have heard that some new wheels can be replicas??? and this can mean they arent good quality and or affect performance??? true??

im wondering where is the best place to buy new wheels and tyres (maybe 20-21") and where is the best place to sell my 18" elbrus alloys with tyres?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
If you buy anything other than Genuine Skoda wheels, you may well find the warranty is kaput and you MUST advise your Insurance Company.
Why do you want to change them? I've seen worse wheels.
I have Triglavs, But I think Crater are the most interesting.
I certainly wouldn't waste £1k(?) changing them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think switching the 18 inch for some black or achrathite 20/21inch wheels would completely transform the car towards a look I would prefer
More rugged and sporty without paying sportline prices

So I'd have to fit genuine Skoda wheels then ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Looks like those are £1300 from the Czech Skoda shop online without tyres
I have no idea what tyres will cost
But I'm guessing that's a decent deal on eBay ?
I'm guessing that's the best way to shift my standard ones that come with the car too?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Professor said:
I think switching the 18 inch for some black or achrathite 20/21inch wheels would completely transform the car towards a look I would prefer
More rugged and sporty without paying sportline prices

So I'd have to fit genuine Skoda wheels then ?
Those 20inch on Ebay have rubber bands for tyres! they would harden to ride considerably and the K is not that softly sprung with 18 in with standard rubber.
If you don't mind a v.hard ride then I think they would look terrific.
You don't HAVE to fit OE wheels but beware of my comments above. I would certainly speak to your dealer about the warranty and also your insurance. Mad as it seems they just may not like non standard wheels.

·
Registered
216 Posts
235 45 won't be too bad especially if you have driver mode thing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts