Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a Kodiaq sportline 1.5 7 seater standard spec beginning of January. I haven’t had a build date yet. Was told to expect it in May. Anyone else ordered around this time and had an update?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a Kodiaq sportline 1.5 7 seater standard spec beginning of January. I haven’t had a build date yet. Was told to expect it in May. Anyone else ordered around this time and had an update?
I’d be really suprised if they stuck to that. I have an 11 month wait I ordered in October/November last year and won’t get it Until September

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ahh! I ordered through a leasing company. They have told me the factory have accepted the order but thats it.
I was initially told it would be ready for collection in may aswell after ordering in late October 2021, then last month I was called to say they’d had to delay it again for a further 6 months because of semi conductor chip supply problems and the war in Ukraine.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ahh! I ordered through a leasing company. They have told me the factory have accepted the order but thats it.
Hmm, some horror stories for people ordering lease cars - seems Skoda are prioritizing private sales over lease ones, probably because there's more profit in it for them when numbers produced are so much reduced.

There's at least one member here who ordered last July through a lease company and still doesn't have a build week...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same. I ordered End of Jan 22 and told to expect it end of September 22 but this was before the Ukraine situation. No build week as yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well it's true that some Skoda models, including the Kodiaq are manufactured in Ukraine, but they are manufactured under license at a plant called the Eurocar plant...

On that basis, I wouldn't worry too much - pretty sure all Skoda Kodiaqs sold in the UK are manufactured in Czechia at their Kvasiny plant.
Hope you don't mistake me for being pedantic but the cars are assembled, not manufactured at these plants. It's an important distinction because my understanding is parts for many Skoda vehicles are manufactured in Ukraine then shipped to Kvansiny for final assembly, hence contributing to longer delivery times.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Update from my dealer today - my new car is now with them! Sadly I'm away this weekend, so it's going to have to wait until next Friday before I can get to them to do the handover.

The good news is that the value of my current car has been reassessed and there's a bit more equity in it than when I signed the order and paid the deposit back in October. Upshot is a £40/month saving on the PCP for the next 48 months. Happy days!

Just 8 more sleeps...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just been on the Skoda configurator and see that my car (minus the Canton which isn't available at the moment) comes to £50,911. Pretty pleased I ordered when I did as the price on the invoice I've got says my car will cost me £47,105 and that includes the same options as well as the Canton sound system.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
16 Posts
So had a call from my dealer today who confirmed that the car had left the factory and should be with them in about three weeks. Original build week 9 so if completion was this week it was a couple of months overdue. I haven’t really been in a hurry for it as like others, the part exchange deal on my 2018 executive was locked when I ordered and my payments Have brought down the settlement figure in the meantime. I’m feeling like I haven’t had too much of a prolonged wait in light of some of the stories on here and given the current world situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So finally some news from the dealership. If this remains on track it will be 9 months from order to delivery.

"Your new Kodiaq Sportline (7 seats) 1.5 TSI 150 PS DSG is currently allocated an unconfirmed build in the week commencing 19 September 2022. Though this can still change depending on the factory schedule, based on that date we’d expect it to arrive at the dealership around 31 October 2022".

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, just heard from the dealer that my car has been cleared for delivery and is in Elden waiting for a ship. He recons that I will have it before the end of the month. I’m not sure how realistic that is, but looking forward to it and glad not to have been caught up in the latest engine supply issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, just heard from the dealer that my car has been cleared for delivery and is in Elden waiting for a ship. He recons that I will have it before the end of the month. I’m not sure how realistic that is, but looking forward to it and glad not to have been caught up in the latest engine supply issues.
I’m in the exact same position! Got the call yesterday. They’ll probably be on the same boat.
Black Magic Sportline; Virtual Cockpit & Winter Pack

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the same car September 2021, the order was accepted Jan 2022 commencing build week 1....I was originally told build week 28 but got a call last week saying they have pushed it forward and are building on week 22 ...currently on week 20 ! Been told I should have it by the end of June....here's to hoping lol its been a long wait !

21 - 38 of 38 Posts