Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I ordered mine 1st October 2021 for delivery in April 2022 but was advised early Feb that its not even in production yet !
Can anyone enlighten me if i am likely to be waiting just a few weeks or is it going to be months ? Also is Skoda operating any VW group temporary lease/hire for loyal customers like me ? Any thoughts or advice please ?
Graychap

·
Registered
560 Posts
I ordered mine the day after you - 2/10/21 and was told by my dealer that it had been allocated build week 10. That was at the beginning of January. No update since then, but I was in the dealer at the end of January and the dealer checked his system and nothing had changed. Expecting delivery very late April or more likely early May.

I'd get your dealer to check whether it's been allocated a build week yet, but I doubt it's actually in production yet.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2.0tdi 200 2022
71 Posts
Build week comes down to spec and availability of any extras youve added. I ordered mine (details in Sig below) 10/11/21 and currently has a build week of 9/22 (slipped from 1 to 7 to 9).
My current Kodiaq PCP expired in January but the dealer suggested taking out a short term PCP on it (up to 1yr) which maintained the same monthly payment and fixed the part exchange price and equity on it at the time of signing. I just hand it back when I pick up the new. Current one also has extended warranty and service plan so hopefully no additional expense (other than perhaps rear tyres) even if new is delayed

·
Registered
560 Posts
I added quite a few options - the one I'm most worried about causing a delay is the Canton - it's not currently available to order on a new car, although I believe it remains standard equipment on the L&K.

Full list is as follows:
Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 200 Sportline SCR DSG 4x4 7 seat
Race Blue
USB-C by rear view camera
Virtual cockpit
Electric driver's and passengers seat with memory
Dynamic Chassis Control
Panoramic sunroof
Electrically folding tow bar
Electrically operated tailgate & virtual pedal
Adaptive cruise control
CANTON sound system
Family pack
Rear seat backrest release
Winter pack - heated front & rear seats + heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
2022 Kodiaq 1.5 TSI DSG Sportline
17 Posts
We dropped on a cancelled order, expected in 2/3 months time. However we were also told.some of the manufacturing takes place in Ukraine, not sure what or if its even true, however if it is, yhe current situation can't be helping.

·
Registered
560 Posts
We dropped on a cancelled order, expected in 2/3 months time. However we were also told.some of the manufacturing takes place in Ukraine, not sure what or if its even true, however if it is, yhe current situation can't be helping.
Well it's true that some Skoda models, including the Kodiaq are manufactured in Ukraine, but they are manufactured under license at a plant called the Eurocar plant, which is close to the borders with Hungary and Slovakia - about as far from Kyiv as Aberdeen is from London. Also, 100% of their annual production (3,386 total cars in 2020 across Fabia, Octavia, Superb, Kodiaq and Karoq) was sold within Ukraine.

On that basis, I wouldn't worry too much - pretty sure all Skoda Kodiaqs sold in the UK are manufactured in Czechia at their Kvasiny plant.

Reactions: FNUSNU and 81MS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All
Thanks for all the info and advice. No build date yet for mine so i have just bought a cheap skoda fabia to tide me over for when my company goes back in March as i am retiring. Leasing not an option for me and weekly car or van hire too expensive. I should get back most if not all that i spent today on the fabia but either way it works out much cheaper than any other option for me. Not often you can buy a 53 plate with only 34 thou on the clock (1.9 tdi). runs like new !

·
Registered
560 Posts
I did similar back in 2016 when I was waiting for my then new LR Disco Sport and had a private offer for my 8 year old Audi A5 that was just too good to pass up. Ended up buying a 1998 BMW 323i with a genuine 67k on the clock. Ran like a dream but looked a bit of a state both internally and externally.

Bought it for just £500 from a bloke who was desperate to sell as he'd already agreed his next purchase, so knocked him down from his original £750 asking price. Ran if for 3 months, tarted up the interior with some leather treatment, polished the exterior and fitted new BMW badges for around £5 from eBay and ended up selling it for £700. Paid for itself in terms of fuel and insurance over those 3 months I had it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered the Skoda kodiaq in November 2021 and was advised it would take 4 or 5 months to build but no later than 6 months due to the semi conductor chip issue.
Had an email last week to say they’ve confirmed a build date of week 37 it’s unlikely the car will be ready for collection until October 2022 so that will be 11 months waiting time! Now with the war in Ukraine I’m expecting some more bad news but at least I’ve been given a build date which is more than lots of other Skoda customers are getting after ordering cars in November 2021. It will be worth the wait hopefully

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just had my dealer check on progress for my Sportline and he tells me that it is still showing build week 13 which was last week. Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes for the system to update once a car has been built (or if the date has been changed) and how long after build I can expect a delivery date?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just had my dealer check on progress for my Sportline and he tells me that it is still showing build week 13 which was last week. Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes for the system to update once a car has been built (or if the date has been changed) and how long after build I can expect a delivery date?
The lady at Skoda told me it takes a month after being built for it to be ready for collection and that they are still getting regular deliveries of Skoda kodiaqs so hopefully you’ll hear something soon! I wish I was build week 13 😬

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ll keep my fingers crossed then! Does anyone know if there is a way to track my order myself? I asked the dealer and he was a bit evasive about it saying that they used to have a system but it wasn’t very popular so they dropped it. I was able to follow the build/ delivery of a couple of SMax’s I owned before the Kodiaq.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ll keep my fingers crossed then! Does anyone know if there is a way to track my order myself? I asked the dealer and he was a bit evasive about it saying that they used to have a system but it wasn’t very popular so they dropped it. I was able to follow the build/ delivery of a couple of SMax’s I owned before the Kodiaq.
I wouldn’t know as I still have a really long wait until they even start to build mine. I assume speaking the the dealer would be the best route they must know if it’s been built and if it’s still scheduled for the delivery date.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Had an update this morning. Sportline on BW10, the car is in the UK and should be ready in about a week.
Well that's good news - mine was ordered at the beginning of October, BW11 (week after yours) and I think it's waiting to be shipped across the Channel. Expecting delivery before the end of April, which suits me fine as I'm not really in a rush.

Reactions: FNUSNU

·
Registered
560 Posts
Looks like it's a go for Friday! Can't wait!
Happy days! Pictures required when you get it!

My dealer has confirmed that they should get my car by the end of this week, so I'm still looking at taking delivery before the end of the month.🤞

Starting to get excited now...

Reactions: FNUSNU

·
Registered
7 Posts
Happy days! Pictures required when you get it!

My dealer has confirmed that they should get my car by the end of this week, so I'm still looking at taking delivery before the end of the month.🤞

Starting to get excited now...
I’m pleased for you! Starting to wonder if something went wrong when placing my order I ordered in October I think it was and been told it’s build week 37. Basic model no extras

·
Registered
560 Posts
I’m pleased for you! Starting to wonder if something went wrong when placing my order I ordered in October I think it was and been told it’s build week 37. Basic model no extras
I'd be surprised if you've actually been allocated a build week that far ahead - from what I've seen, the build week is only allocated about 4-6 weeks before the car is built. I'd keep badgering your dealer to check the details and if possible sit down with him and ask to see his screen as that will tell him the status code. If your car is status 20 then it has been allocated a build week and his system should tell him which week that is. If it's still status 10 then it's an accepted order but a build week hasn't been allocated.

Just be thankful you didn't order an Enyaq - I was in with my dealer to check up on my car on Saturday (mine was status 40 - in UK port awaiting release) and he told me that they are now quoting 78 weeks (18 months) for delivery of a new Enyaq order!:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd be surprised if you've actually been allocated a build week that far ahead - from what I've seen, the build week is only allocated about 4-6 weeks before the car is built. I'd keep badgering your dealer to check the details and if possible sit down with him and ask to see his screen as that will tell him the status code. If your car is status 20 then it has been allocated a build week and his system should tell him which week that is. If it's still status 10 then it's an accepted order but a build week hasn't been allocated.

Just be thankful you didn't order an Enyaq - I was in with my dealer to check up on my car on Saturday (mine was status 40 - in UK port awaiting release) and he told me that they are now quoting 78 weeks (18 months) for delivery of a new Enyaq order!:eek:
Thanks for the advice I will call them today. She actually called me to say it’s good news I’ve been given build week 37 as some people who ordered around the same time haven’t even got a build date.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts