Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have an Edition due to arrive at the end of May. When I ordered it there was no choice of wheels so it will have 19" Triglav's. However, I much prefer the 19" Sirius. According to Skoda its too late to change the order (very frustrating but that's another story).

Therefore, does anyone have a Kodiaq arriving around the same time with 19" Sirius, and want to swap for 19" Triglav's?

I live in Suffolk so was thinking we could meet at a garage halfway and have them swap all eight wheels over and split the cost?

I am really only interested in 'like-new' wheels and tyres as my Triglav's will be like-new.

Let me know if you are interested.

Ollie

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am also taking delivery of my Kodiaq this friday. So EXCITED!!!!

Except for the wheels... Hate the triglavs.... Have just ordered the Crater Black.

I'll have Triglavs ready for 'adoption' in a couple of weeks time.

They retail at about £250. Let's put it that way... Anyone who wants to make me an honest and reasonable offer, I'll talk to.

I got a £500 credit note from skoda UK, so I am happy to make a reasonable loss and allow someone to get a cheap-o upgrade.

PM if you want to start a discussion.

@Colin: Shouldn't we start a 'buy&sell' forum away from the main chat????

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll be in same boat - car with triglavs, but ordering Craters using credit note. i'll equally have a set of triglavs going spare (but mine will be end June probably).

Side question: OliverW11 - can you please send a photo of it with the craters? i'm currently not sure whether to go crater black or crater anthracite, so it would be good to see (and i'm sure you'll want to show it off anyways!)

Oooh, another question: OliverW11 - do you know the impact on your insurance of getting the craters, since they are aftermarket (i.e. not factory fitted) and thus probably count as modification ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yup... whinged, moaned and bitched so much to Skoda UK that they got rid of me with money... I'm easy like that...

·
Registered
150 Posts
OlivierW11 said:
Hi Guys,

I am also taking delivery of my Kodiaq this friday. So EXCITED!!!!

Except for the wheels... Hate the triglavs.... Have just ordered the Crater Black.

I'll have Triglavs ready for 'adoption' in a couple of weeks time.

They retail at about £250. Let's put it that way... Anyone who wants to make me an honest and reasonable offer, I'll talk to.

I got a £500 credit note from skoda UK, so I am happy to make a reasonable loss and allow someone to get a cheap-o upgrade.

PM if you want to start a discussion.

@Colin: Shouldn't we start a 'buy&sell' forum away from the main chat????
How did you approach them with the £500, I am seeking some compensation from them ref the tow bar issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Simply that it made no sense to give the Triglav for free on SE L hence a free choice... but no choice on the Edition. Hence better off with the SE L! They subsequently changed the spec and you can now order the Edition with either wheels...

So went back to them and said 'Well done for listening but too late for me, as i ordered before you changed the config'...

so they gave me 500 pounds to make up for it....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would also be interested to know more regarding the technique of extracting £500 from Skoda ;-)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't think its extracting £500, I bought a car planning to put a tow bar on and had discussed it with the dealer, now 2 weeks before I receive the car I find out that it's not rated at all for a tow bar in my exact spec

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thinking of a second set of wheels for winter tyres. What prices would you expect for a full set of alloys.

·
Registered
314 Posts
KodiaqDna said:
Thinking of a second set of wheels for winter tyres. What prices would you expect for a full set of alloys.
As a guide I paid £600 for a brand new set of 19" Superb Sportline alloys, obviously it's up to the OP what he thinks is a fair price but I thought £600 for new 19s was fair.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
On the Continent most people run around on steel wheels with winters fitted.
What spec steel rims might I be looking for? I don't want them overly wide for winter use
Most of the "Kodiaq" winter wheels on FleeBay show 5 holes. Not very confidence building...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts