Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kodiaq is now at the export port ready to be shipped over. I have only a few more weeks to wait and am looking forward to taking delivery. Can anyone give me any advice as to what to look out for on collection to make sure everything is 100%. I have seen rust spots from transportation can be an issue but wondered if there is anything else that i should keep an eye on to make sure that all is well when I finally get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only thing I have been able to find after nearly eight weeks is some small black plastic outside trim on the right wing at the base of the panel that isn't quite flush. I havn't got back to the dealer yet but he knows about it. Enjoy the car, I'm loving it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is missing the puncture repair kit. Dealer said it's 'well hidden' and I've asked for a photo from one of the showroom vehicles to show me where it's kept as I am damned it I have missed it as searched everywhere in the boot.

Will be dropping into the dealers next week to get it sorted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is very well hidden. You have to tip the third row of seats forward, then take out the boot floor. Remove the vertical divider that slots in across that compartment. The you need to lift up the second false floor. Under there you will find a plastic/polystyrene tray thing which has a few compartments - it is here I found the towbar electrics adaptor. Lift the floor as much as you can towards the third row of seats and in there slotted into compartments of the big chunk of plastic/polystyrene is the tyre repair kit, including compressor. No idea how you get it out when you need it as it is very difficult to get to.
I should have gone with a space saver. Schoolboy error.

·
Registered
159 Posts
simmoda1 said:
The only thing I have been able to find after nearly eight weeks is some small black plastic outside trim on the right wing at the base of the panel that isn't quite flush. I havn't got back to the dealer yet but he knows about it. Enjoy the car, I'm loving it.
I have the same problem but both sides. The dealer thinks it happened when they fitted the mud flaps and is now being treated as a warranty issue. It's only held on with double sided tape!

Also the vents for the 2nd row footwells look unfinished to me, so I will compare it with the demo Kodiaq when I next visit Skoda.

·
Registered
60 Posts
thanks for the tips all.

I haven't had a new car for nearly 15 years now. Do you have to "run in" the kodiaq? Im getting the petrol version. is there anything special or different i should be doing in the first couple of thousand km's?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Budgie.
If it's DSG, pretty much leave it to its own devices. It will select the appropriate gear.
Don't us sport mode for at least a 1000 miles. Don't tow for same distance.
Treat it 'nicely', no harsh acceleration. Goes for manual as well.
If manual.
Don't over rev it. don't let it labour in too low a gear. if going on a long run try to change gear occasionally even if you would not normally need to do so . Leaving it cruising at the same revs for mile after mile can cause bore glazing (worst case scenario).
Most importantly . ENJOY!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Editiongrey said:
My kodiaq is now at the export port ready to be shipped over. I have only a few more weeks to wait and am looking forward to taking delivery. Can anyone give me any advice as to what to look out for on collection to make sure everything is 100%. I have seen rust spots from transportation can be an issue but wondered if there is anything else that i should keep an eye on to make sure that all is well when I finally get it.
Make sure you have all the required bits & bobs. Handbook, locking wheel nut key, Spare (if ordered)
Bend down to (car) waist height and look forwards and then from front backwards with eye about 9 inches away from the body work, both sides looking for minuscule dings & imperfections in body & paintwork. (My drivers door handle had a paint chip about the size of large pin head on it~ no I haven't bothered to do anything about it as the handle is plastic.)
Check front end and backside for minute rust specs (YES on the plastic). Depending where your car was on the train it may have suffered from micro iron particles that come off the trains brakes. Then by the time it has been sitting in the entry port for a couple of weeks they go rusty. The can stick to the paint as it is still a bit soft when the car leaves the factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great advice. Thanks. Only other thing I will need to check is the fine print on the finance deal. I want to pay it off early but still want the dealer fine contribution!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you have a Solutions PCP in the UK then you're fine to do that. There are some fees to pay it off early but still better than paying interest for the full term

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there an update on this as I'm about to take delivery with the same intent re Finance? Can't wait for the new Bear!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts