Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 or 3 minutes after setting off, the infotainment blanks whatever is on screen and puts up a message welcoming me to Skoda Connect and asking me to confirm it is me or to change user. I could do without ever seeing this message (so if anyone knows how to permanently disable it that will be great), but what is really irritating is that I feel it should do it as soon as i start the car, and not several minutes down the road thus forcing me to be distracted from driving in order to deal with it so that I can get the maps or whatever back on display.

The connect system in my Kodiaq has been troublesome since the first moment i got in the car, is this delay normal for everyone or is it just my car that is so delayed in showing the message?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine also does it but not sure if it does it all the time and if so under what circumstances. Kind of just ignore it thinking that was the norm. Will pay closer attention to it now you also mentioned it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are not alone.
I find it especially irritating as my User ID was nominated by my Dealer/or System, not my preferred choice.
Does anyone know an easy way, short of going through the full re-registration process, of changing the User ID but retaining my registered email address, along with blocking the 'Welcome' message?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I may make myself unpopular here. ;) But the answer is not to connect the car to t'internet!
I cannot understand why manufacturers are getting so sexed up about this function.
Surely most people can manage to be away from their computers for the time taken by a journey. After all it is lethal and illegal to use it whilst driving and ones mobile 'phone can handle emails.
I know I am just an old dinosaur, but we have done without all this electronic [email protected] for years.
I and many others don't need it, don't want it and don't like being forced into having it (as I was) just to enable me to have the things on a car that I DO want.
As long as i have leccy windows, safety bits and bobs, heated seats in either Leather or Alcantara for my crumbling back, a passable ICE system. I really do not need Satnav (all the in car ones I have had are rubbish compared to a Garmin for £100) and a non boring, out of date colour choice......
I would be a perfectly happy bunny!
Oh and don't start me on £1000 for 2 seats I will never use and don't want!
Whinge over.
Time to crawl back into my cave! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts