Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So... Yesterday the big day happened! I emptied and cleaned my Yeti 2.0tdi 140bhp L&K (two full crates of 'stuff'...), headed to my dealer, and handed my keys in, and got ready to sign up a couple of papers and got back on the road with my Jungle green Kodi Edition!

Except that... the dealer realised the car had a pending recall due to a software malfuntion (something to do with the SOS emergency function apparently... ) They kept it vague, but let's say that it meant waiting 90' for the work to be done... Frustrating. (recall dated 12/4/17 so anyone who took ownership before that date should probably enquire...

When we finally got to the presentation... let's put it that way, I had to teach the poor sales guy most of the stuff on the infotainment. I am a geek and tend to find my way very quickly around these things (i am a software engineer... :? ) but again a bit underwhelming.

All fine eventually, I got on the road, and let's just put it that way. I LOVE driving this car. I love the 1.4tsi engine, i love my paddleshift (I'm a bit of a motorsport fan, so anything that makes me believe i'm the new Hamilton... )

When i got home, I got looking for all the stuff around the car. and that's when I realised I was 'missing' some things that I had taken for granted in the Yeti:

1. Sunglasses carrier: Standard on the yeti, even with pano roof and blind... where has it gone???
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Gas Automotive mirror

2. Underseat trays: So practical on the Yeti, gone on the kodiaq Edition. Was it an option?
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

3. second row USB and plug: I don't understand, they were on all cars i saw, and I don't remember seeing them as an option!
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Automotive design Hood

4. Front sensors (which is really stupid considering I have the pedestrian detection system embedded in the front grille, and the road sign detection/driving aid through the camera behind the front mirror!)

5. Can someone tell me what this little button is all about?
Hood Automotive design Grey Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

6. The jukebox: 20gb in the Yeti, 12gb in the Kodiaq... really Skoda??? I was expecting 80gb, at least I thought I read it somewhere...

So I think my problem is that my yeti was an L&K, so had all the little attentions... but this is a bit disappointing that the edition doesn't cover these things as standard... And yes, I know some of it i should have ticked in the option list... How did the front sensors escaped me??? :(

On the plus side... too many to list, the car if fab, spacious (I am a 6'7'' lump of a man...) feels plush, with engine noise really well controlled (but not road noise (pretty equal to the yeti... a bit fidgety and noisy), and a great infotainment. Also, i know it's a silly thing, but the interior lighting including the lead strips in the doors makes it really special at night!

Re wheels, triglav... Mmmmhhh I'm either gonna have to get use to them or pay a little visit to http://www.perfectrims.co.uk in East London. Advice from my dealer, as this is where they get their alloys refurb.... (if you are wondering, Skoda UK agreed to let me used the £500 credit they gave me against the price of the car!)

Off to cardiff and back on Sunday and Monday, i'll know more by then...

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've only got the SE and it has the sunglasses holder. Strange I thought that would've been a given for an Edition . like you say about the usb that should be there for what you're paying for it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The pano roof eats into the space for the sunglasses holder for those who opt for it.

That button unknown to you is to deactivate the internal alarm sensors - useful if on a car ferry or have a pet sat in the car.

·
Registered
724 Posts
1. It looks like sunglasses holder is available only w/o pano.

2. Underseat tray should be there but maybe electrical seat or leather or some other option removes it.

3. I've ordered 230V option that brings additional USB. I also have 3-zone clima and heated rear seats so backside is not empty.

4. If you would take park assistant, front sensors would be there. Even better, instead of 8 you would have 12 parking sensors.

5. When you press that button and lock your door within 30s, you will disable alarm. Great when your car must be towed.

6. That's strange. Inside is 64 gb solid-state disk but probably maps take 52 gb so you are left with 12 gb. I would leave that storage alone for future upgrades. Use SD card instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Kodiaq will come in an L&K version next year, with all the bells and whistles as standard.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re 2: Under seat trays: available as of SE L apparently

Rectangle Font Parallel Terrestrial plant Screenshot

Re 4: Front Sensors: Available as of SE Tech:

Automotive tire Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

Something is not quite right here....

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree......you should have the under-seat drawers on SE L or Edition according to the list I've just specked mine with.....

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Romanv.....you state that you've ordered 230V option which includes USB. I can't find this anywhere on the UK configurator or pricelists?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Spower can you send me the doc or the link to the doc you are referencing there please?

·
Registered
314 Posts
1. Not with the panoramic roof

2. Under seat storage cannot be had with electric seats

3. 230v power outlet is not available in the UK

4. Park Assist or front sensors are not std

5. Turns off the interior motion sensors

6. Pass

Im hoping the L&K when introduced will solve most of the 'missing' spec

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Gizmo68 thx!

4. Front sensors are standard on SE Tech.... I expected the spec to be incremental...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Electric seats leave no space for the under seat trays.
I had to add front sensors as an option on my edition.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pheebs.......the Edition comes with Electric drivers seat as standard.......but also the configuration shows it as having underseat trays.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's weird, cause when I last looked at the configurator it had under seat trays as 'missing" (or a blank box) on the edition but included on the lower specs when I was comparing all the different specs together.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sprower said:
KODIAQ APRIL 2017 PRICES.pdf
I paid extra for colour maxi-dot and even drive mode selection was an optional extra....It's now standard on SE L.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Me too, but I'm not sure if the colour maxi dot is maybe a misprint,

It has a colour infotainment screen or something listed on the edition

·
Registered
724 Posts
In Slovenia, if you order Style you get double luggage space splitter included. But if you order Canton with spare tyre, that space 'splitter' is gone. There is no info about that downgrade change anywhere and when you checked Canton on SLO configurator it was written 'Canton for splitted space'. My dealer said that they were surprised when the first Style with Canton arrived. So some options may exclude others.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts