Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Kodiaq back in February and have had a variety of issues along the way since then. I had been putting it all behind me and I was due to collect my Kodiaq tomorrow morning at 9am, however...

After speaking with the dealer twice today and confirming collection at 9am tomorrow, I then received an email at 5.50pm saying he has been speaking with Skoda finance all day and that there was a problem.

They have advised that the is an issue with Skoda finance sending some paperwork to them and now it will not be ready in the morning. They have offered an Octavia for me to use until the issue is sorted, but I feel that this is the next thing in a list of minor issues I have had..

I want to tell myself that I am being to harsh, but wanted to see what others think...

I ordered in February on a 3 year lease agreement.

First problem was when they emailed to tell me the monthly price was going up because of the road tax. This I am still not happy with...

Next, i was told I would get to choose the reg. I was then given one without choice. After a little moan and a days wait I was given a choice of a few so this issue was resolved.
I have some bad news about the collection of your Kodiaq tomorrow.

Then I was told they would give 5 days insurance to drive away the car. This afternoon they told me that they could t do this on lease after all so I went and started arranging my own cover. Luckily I didn't complete this for insurance from tomorrow as I am not likely to be receiving my car now!

After telling me to organise my own insurance for tomorrow, I then receive an email at 5.50 saying he can't get the paperwork and It is not likely to be ready to collect tomorrow however I can have an Octavia until it is. While this is nice, it is not the car I was expecting.

I don't like to moan, but the experience I have received is far from the best, and wander what (if anything) I should do to address my concerns.

Any advise would be greatly received.

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. Sounds like you are getting stiffed on the road tax increase. I ordered my Kodiaq just before the end of March from Simpsons Skoda and was urged to do so to avoid any price increases due to the new road tax. The other leasing website I looked at was also advertising that people order a car before the end of March to avoid paying more. I haven't been asked for more money so I don't see why you have. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It will be worth it when it gets here, this is also my first lease and post.

I have had a similar expereince when my monthly payment has creeped up 3 times since I signed the order, only by £26 a month but it's still irrtating. The initial payment has also jumped up £400, VED changes are being cited but they are checking with VWFS.

I'm getting a Kodiaq as we need a new car for the family, we also have an a6 avant that I will be probably selling soon as I can't justify both ;o)

Hopefully, this can all be sorted and we will have the car next week. Off to Cornwall for a week so it will be a good test, otherwise the trusty A6 will be going.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I do feel sorry for all you PCP bods.
It seems to be one cock up after another.
The new VED rates have been public since 2015 so why SUK didn't wake up to the fact and sort it before hand is quite unbelievable.
Boy , am I glad I paid cash for mine!
Never having had a car on PCP I don't profess to know all the details. But surely if you just paid the extra VED (or got your dealer to pay!!) why then doesn't the monthly payment remain the same. As the VED on all of them (except if costing over £40K ) will be £140 p.a.
On my 1.4 DSG the extra VED was only £55 and my dealer picked it up without even mentioning it.
It does sound to me that Skoda Credit (which is Actually VW Finance) need to extract their digits. it appears to me that the are incapable of organising a pi** up in a brewery.
Have you had a moan at customer services?? If not i would do so in no uncertain terms.
Good luck. You WILL love it when you get it, so look forward to that!
All this grief is the price we 'early adopters' have to pay for buying a brand new model. I am sure next year it will all be as smooth as silk.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For me, I went with PCH. Usually go with PCP but I thought I would have a change as I didn't want to put down large deposits and get stung (rather it stay in my ISA). I get a car allowance so it doesn't really suit to buy outright, plus I worked out you really need to keep the car for around 6 years for it all to level out with the depreciation, I get bored after 3 - 4 years.

Fair play you purchased yours in cash, there is something nice though about knowing you own it outright ;o))

The whole VED thing is a joke, as you say it should have been worked out a while back. As you say we will all forget shortly once they arrive

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You are lucky it takes you 3-4 years to get bored! I usually get bored in 12-18 months! SWMBO has dictated that the K MUST last me at least two years.
My youngest son has told me that If I stopped wasting money on cars, I could live in a decent house (post divorce) He is 45 and is on his 22nd car!
Pot kettle Black springs to mind.
I am 71 and the K is my 75th car! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, Went this morning and had it explained that it was a Skoda Finance issue that affected all dealers and all cars in the range on PCH. They have given me an Octavia to use until mine is available which is at least something I suppose. The dealer did say I should take this up with Skoda HQ which I am just about to do. Fingers crossed I should get my car soon... Got to see it though and looks amazing!

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

(Excuse the reflection of me!!)

Interestingly, on a different point, I have been doing a little research into the VED thing. I think I have got to the bottom of the issue... Only my opinion and not confirmed, but seems to make sense in my head.

I think that this all comes about because skoda expected something, and then when it came to it it didnt get what was expected. And the increase in VED is due to 1g of CO2. 1 GRAM!

So, Skoda as we all know use the same TDi engine as the other Volkswagen group. The other car in class using the same engine achieve 132g(Audi Q5) and 149g (VW Tiguan). So i expect Skoda expected it do be in this range. So when pricing the payments they based it on this. However the Kodiaq achieves 151g! 1 g over the limited for £200 first year and pushing it to £500.

Only my thoughts, but looks like a likely answer to why they suddenly had to change things. However not our fault...

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Although I sympathise with you, it sounds like you're still winning to me. If you're about to get yours and you ordered in Feb, 2 months after me, you've won the skoda lottery as far as I'm concerned! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Not sure how the 1.4 Kodiaq DSG compares to other VAG 1.4 DSGs but my tax went up £55 for the first year (twixt order & delivery). But luckily my lovely dealer caught the extra. Good chaps Meadens!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts