Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they won't take a blind bit of notice.....BUT if you are thinking of buying a Kodiaq and are as P'd off as I am write to.........

[email protected]

Hello *****,
Yes, I know I am a pain and I'm sorry to keep pestering you.
Please would be kind enough to pass these comments to senior management verbatim!
I really do think somebody in senior management needs to be made aware of the very poor reaction from Skoda's most important asset, US, the customers. I have spoken to many enthusiasts of the Kodiaq and ALL of them are very disappointed by what most of them call a massive 'cock-up'!
I have been a staunch supporter of `Skoda for many years and am now on my fourth Skoda.
It grieves me to have to go elsewhere for my transport, but I shall probably do so unless the Kodiaq is forthcoming pretty quickly.
The general opinion of the handling of this launch so far is that there has been too much 'teasing' and not enough action. Some comments I have heard are so rude I won't repeat them!
They would have been far better to keep quiet about it until MUCH closer to the actual availability date.
Even the mini brochure on line gives no information as to options and it is so sad that the so called jewel in Skoda's crown does not warrant some new more exciting colours insted of the aged and very boring current palette.
That is 3 probable lost sales of Kodiaq due to the atrocious way Skoda have handled this launch
As you know I may well end up buying a Subaru if Skoda don't stop messing about and the first comment below is from the Kodiaq Forum,(*not quoted here)
The second one from the Yeti Owners Forum. (* or here) Obviously there is a lot of interest from Yeti owners like myself who are wanting/needing a bigger 'brother' to their Yetis.
I post all the info I get from you and elsewhere on both theses forums.I know that Meadens have complained to Skoda and I believe Heritage of Yeovil have also complained.
Everyone it would seem prospective customers and Dealers are getting sick of the non action and the ability to actually ORDER a Kodiaq.
The main dealer in Manchester I believe, from comments from a Yeti Owner, is under the impression that deliveries of the Kodiaq will not START until SEPTEMBER next year. That is not what both you and Meadens have told me.
best wishes.
Colin Lambert

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How have you actually ordered one? The details for pr-order are not published until (hopefully) the 4th of November? According to my source in the Skoda Executive Office.
Very interested to hear what exactly you have done.
Did you find options? Or have you just put your name on the list?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have preordered mine too. The final spec to be refined later. I think it just means you are getting a place at the front of the queue. In my case the dealer wanted to have this as a mean to put pressure on skoda U.K. But admitted that if we can't agree on commercials I have the right to cancel and get my deposit back.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oliver.
I have tried to P.M. you and although your name appears in the member list. It says you don't exist when I try to P.M.
SO................... here is what I said.Oliver,
I an intrigued by these 'pre-orders'
I have a contact in Skoda Executive office who tells me that pre-ordering is not yet available. Possibly after the details (hopefully announced tomorrow?)
Can you let me have details of what you said to your dealer and what they said to you? Also name of your dealer.
Mine knows nothing of this. What's more he had his Skoda area manager in yesterday and even he knew nothing about pr-ordering? I would love to know what's going on.
Please try to P.M. me if you would rather keep your reply private.
Amoy thanks.
regards,
Colin.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just sent these posts to my Dealer . His response is below.
Have you chaps actually BEEN ASKED for a deposit. or have you just registered a firm desire to order when the time comes?

I have had no confirmation on pre order yet. Don't give me a deposit yet, you will be at the front of the queue anyway.

Regards,

Tom Sexton
Sales Manager

Meadens ŠKODA
BROCKENHURST: 01590 623344
SWAY: 01590 682212
http://www.meadensskoda.co.uk

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rangavin,
I have P.M.'d you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My understanding is that finance numbers will be available from VWFS later this month, so you can get a better idea of monthly costs.

Unless, of course, you are fortunate enough to be able to buy outright.

First customer cars will be delivered in April / May.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had full details from one person who has 'ordered' and as I thought. It is NOT an order it is a registration of interest with a deposit paid. I have seen copy of the dealer's letter to the customer thanking him for his INTEREST and advising that when details are to hand the customer and the dealer can decide on specs and actually place an order with Skoda/
My dealer has refused to accept a deposit from me, probably because I have bought 4 cars from him and have a very good relationship with him. He knows I am going to buy one and has promised that I am first in his queue.
Since i have only ever once kept ONE of my 73 cars for over 3 years, I cannot do a lease plan. Anyway I prefer to pay up front and know it is mine and not a finance company's. So it's cash +P/X for me every time.
My youngest son said that had I not wasted all the money I have on cars I could live in a decent house!! (he is44 and on his 24th car! Pot, Kettle, Black???) :lol:
I hope to hear today from Skoda Executive office when the REAL pre-order and options list will be available. Breath is NOT being held. But rest assured I will post here as soon as I know.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Here in New Zealand the dealers have been told not to accept deposits until the spec comes out. I've spoken to the product manager of Skoda New Zealand and he said that there hasn't been too many people wanting to place deposits and such and that I'll be the first to know when final spec is released (pretty sure he said that to everyone else asking for spec...). For any Kiwis here, pm me and I can send you some more info about local Kodiaq stuff not on the Skoda website.

The guy told me that there are 3 petrols, 2 diesels, 4 of them 4WD and I correctly assumed them haha

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes please Paymaster. Please P.M. me.
thanks.
Colin

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rob said:
Yeah they are usually called an expression of interest, just a way of dealers 'securing' you and promising you one of their first build slots.

73 cars! haha
As expected. No word from Skoda!
Yes. I really have had 73 cars! Mind you, I am VERY old!! :lol:
I'll be a bloody site older by the time Skoda get of their collective @rses and deliver my K!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wish... though I might look at hp rather than pcp and keep the cat for longer. As it's new and will / should keep its value very well, it might be worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts