Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been som rumors about Virtual Display in some skoda models in early 2017. Anyone knows if Kodiaq is among them? It's also called Active Info Display in the new Tiguan. This would be great in the Kodiaq.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I believe it is not in common that after 3 months of production the manufacturer would start massive changes of exterrior and interrior. Probably in next car refresh (2019?) like Octavia will have or as part of L&K edition in 2018.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
romanv said:
Zach, if week 22 is the week when 2018's components are started to be integrated into the car, when exactly is the buyer's catalogue being updated? Weeks before?
Expect November-December for the Kodiaq 2018 updates to be listed.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I cannot believe that Skoda would mess about with ANYTHING within the first year. They usually updat about every TWO years.
I am sure that the one I ordered back in December will come with REAL speedo and Tacho.
I am not that interest in virtual displays. Just something more to go wrong. I am a bit old fashioned and quite happy with real instruments. All this modern gizzmology is just an unnecessary chest beating exercise* I think .
(* Look aren't we clever, we have gone all virtual)

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I am not that interest in virtual displays. Just something more to go wrong
I too am not very interested in virtual displays. I think of it as a niceity, definitely not a must have option but they do add a level of customisabity not seen before in the automotive industry.

I do however believe the Kodiaq's tacho display is quite small for this day and age for an SUV that can cost over £40,000. I would've loved to see a nice big display with physical dials, like the Audi A6:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would have loved a virtual display. TFTs are the future. One screen for all info. Re things going wrong... really? It's Tablet. No mechanical part. These are the ones going wrong...

Anyhow. Taste and colours... but my next car after the kodiaq will surely have one! My bro has an Audi with one and it's beautiful.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Virtual display is great but I don't believe in any major change 3 months from the launch. No way! I even don't buy any news regarding 9,2" Columbus. Maybe in L&K edition that will be available in fall 2018 (few months after KW22).

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
ScandiDriver said:
9.2 Columbus screen can now be ordered in Sweden. Build from week 22.
Awesome, mine would have it then. Ordering April for august delivery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's expensive 17K Swedish krone. I just saw an official announcement on a PDF. Those who order the large media pack will properly get it after build week 22. It's still not saying 9.2 in the configurator, because it still not there, only after week 22. pretty large screen, but we don't need it anyways.

·
Registered
724 Posts
9.2" is newer so it could have better processor, better screen and better performance. I've ordered Business Columbus and I would really like to have better equipment for the same price.

When I was ordering my Kodiaq I saw that the first orders in Slovenia had KW17/18 on the screen. I was also told that 150 out of this year's 300 Kodiaqs were already reserved. Nonbinding delivery of my car is May/June. I really hope it will be end of June.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
When the Kodiaq website was launched the interior picture showed the 9.2" display. I believe Bolero and Amundsen will stay 8" while Columbus becomes 9.2"

·
Registered
724 Posts
ScandiDriver said:
9.2 Columbus screen can now be ordered in Sweden. Build from week 22.
So is it definitely week 22 when the production starts?

In Slovenia my dealer was not sure if the week 22 was the week when orders of 9.2 Columbus starts. So the first 9.2" equiped Kodiaqs would arrive in fall.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts