Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the best pictures, it was going dark and hasn't stopped snowing since ........
Definitely a lot brighter than the configurator, but when you park next to a 'flat' red there is a noticeable difference

View attachment 1275

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because they aren't.

It is on the winter 17"steels and winter tyres.

Glad I got the dealer to fit them at PDI as I had to drive about 2 miles on farm tracks yesterday absolutely covered in snow. It coped admirably.

The 19" alloys are safely stored until spring.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ah. Gotcha.
Living in the deep south this is not a concept that many of us are familiar with.

Must say, having such wheels takes away a lot of the shine. Alloys definitely finish off a car nicely. They're just a b4st4rd to keep clean. These winter ones will be easy in comparison.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will look better when the Borneo trims turn up for them next week.
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Automotive design Alloy wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks Great...Not much difference from corrida red... :eek:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice paint colour.

I have found that a 52mm plain plastic cap over the centre hub finished my winter steels a treat and ultimately didn't go for the Borneo hubcaps.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigSilv said:
Looks Great...Not much difference from corrida red... :eek:
Correct - it isn't a huge difference and when you don't have the 2 next to each other you could easily think it was.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Red looks good, I wouldn't bother with the hub caps, unless you really need them.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
iwarv said:
Ah. Gotcha.
Living in the deep south this is not a concept that many of us are familiar with.
What IS Snow?? :lol: Last time I saw a decent amount in Poole was 1988!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks great. 😊

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Glad you still like the colour now you've seen it in the flesh, Andy! Seeing one for real was what made me decide I didn't particularly like it. I still really wish that the 'configurator red' actually existed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love the red color on a Kodiaq. That's a pretty bad weather to take pics on though. Wait for a bright day and snap a few more. I bet it'll look ten times better.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Estophilux said:
Glad you still like the colour now you've seen it in the flesh, Andy! Seeing one for real was what made me decide I didn't particularly like it. I still really wish that the 'configurator red' actually existed...
I know what you mean - that would be better.

If I had paid extra for this colour I would be miffed as it is a fair way off the colour in the configurator, and it is described as metallic. I'm struggling to see flakes of metal anywhere in the paint.

It is a lot different to a flat red though, parked next to a Polo in red today at work and the colours are miles apart, in fact it made mine look quite dark in comparison.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cavanaugh said:
Love the red color on a Kodiaq. That's a pretty bad weather to take pics on though. Wait for a bright day and snap a few more. I bet it'll look ten times better.
I take it you haven't been to Rossendale?

We only do wind, rain, snow, sleet, hail and fog here. Sun? not round here LOL

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
andyvee said:
Estophilux said:
I know what you mean - that would be better.

If I had paid extra for this colour I would be miffed as it is a fair way off the colour in the configurator, and it is described as metallic. I'm struggling to see flakes of metal anywhere in the paint.

It is a lot different to a flat red though, parked next to a Polo in red today at work and the colours are miles apart, in fact it made mine look quite dark in comparison.
The sun came out briefly in Manchester this afternoon, and the darker red metallic flakes were visible, they have been 'sparing' with them though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some more piccies, but my phone seems to make the red look a lot more pink than it actually is

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Car Plant Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive side marker light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts