Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 2.0 Diesel 190 BHP early January and am still waiting. On finalising the finance it has been adjusted over my 2 year deal to take account of the post April VED change. I can't get the difference to reconcile though. Can anyone help with confirming the figures?
Pre April I believe it would have been £185 in years 1 & 2. Total £370.
Post April it looks like £500 in year 1 and £140 in year 2. Total £640.
Difference being £270.
My payments adjustment is £395.20 however.
Have I miscalculated the VED Change? I have been waiting 2 weeks for a reply from Skoda Finance via my broker and dealer. While it is not a lot of 💰, I am already annoyed at being hit with the VED Change when they knew it was coming and should have factored it in in the first place.
Can anyone help with confirming the figures?
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
It appears you are correct. you don't say exactly which model but below are the figures from
http://www.nextgreencar.com/car-tax/make-model/skoda/kodiaq/

You may have missed the premium of £450! :eek:

Below is a list of the currently available new SKODA Kodiaq models showing the car tax band, car tax payable, NGC Rating, and CO2 emissions, with tax rates according to the new 2017 car tax changes.

The 'First year rate' is the amount paid when buying a new SKODA Kodiaq; the 'Standard rate' is the ongoing annual car tax payable. Where applicable, the 'Premium rate' is charged for years 2 to 6 for any cars with a list price of £40,000 or more.

New car tax search by make / model
SEARCH BY MAKE

SEARCH BY MODEL

SKODA Kodiaq 2.0 TDI SCR SE L 190PS DSG 4x4 [7 seat]

SUV
OTR £33,110
Semi-automatic 7-speed
1st year £500
Standard £140
Premium £450
Compare
NGC
Band
151 - 170
CO2

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colin.
I have ordered the Edition model and with my limited options it avoids the Premium by some margin.
I couldn't see exactly how much the tax would have been pre-april as it looks as though bands changed also and I can't find what my specs original band and tax would have been.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your figures look correct. The payment adjustment is always going to be higher than the actual difference in VED as you are also paying interest on that difference. It is the basis of how finance works.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A fair point MoominPapa; but £125 interest on £270 within 2 years feels like shark territory.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ring Skoda and explain your disappointment. I know people here who managed to get the price down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts