1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is VCDS?
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

VCP (Vag Can Pro) https://www.vagtech.eu
This is similar to VCDS but it can do a few other things as well (but it is nowhere near as user friendly)

Basically they are a diagnostic tool (pretty much like your dealer will use) that can also be used for coding things to work on the car, these things are usually built into the car at the factory, but many are not turned on, some things like TSR are a cost option (£85) but providing the car has the camera above the interior mirror can be coded to work.

As well as the comfort rain closing for the sunroof here are just some of the things that can be done:

Enabling refuel quantity in the maxidot

Enable DRL menu in the infotainment (so you can turn them on and off)

Enabling fan (blower) speed display in AUTO mode (as std when the heater is set to AUTO the fan speed LEDs are blank)

Enabling Traffic Sign Recognition on models with Lane Assist

Turn on Rear DRLs (with front DRL and 'eyelashes' if required)

Heated seat level memory - Lets the car remember the last used heated seat level (currently it only remembers for 10 mins)

Changing the upper speed threshold for cornering fogsPermanently Disable Start-Stop

Driving mode display on maxidot

Disable tailgate beep

Automatically change clock to summertime

Activating High beam assist (not tried with LED headlights yet)

Activating alarm chirps locking/unlocking (and lets you turn them on and off via the infotainment screen - Does not work on the Kodiaq.

This list is not exhaustive, there are also a few things some will see as pointless.... we are all different so please resect that.

How do I go about getting VCDS / VCP changes done?

You can either buy your own interface (they are not cheap at between £225 - £600 though) or you can find someone local to you who already had it.

A few places to find owners are here:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Gizmo,

Thanks for this and previous posts.......all very useful and informative.

I may well be in touch once my K arrives (no firm date yet but I'm guessing late-July) As I'm not far away and may well be interested in buying you a beer or 2 in exchange for some slight changes!

S.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Gizmo,

Have you managed to get the near-side rear fog light to work on your Kodiaq? I have an Edition with LED high rear lights and thought it would just be a case of following the instructions posted for the Octavia III detailed in Briskoda.

The offside fog lamp was set to brightness level 127 and adaptation "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhänger gesteckt", i.e. There was no mention of left or right traffic.

The nearside fog lamp was set to brightness level zero and wasn't adapted. This was in accordance with the updated instructions for MY15 onwards. Changing these settings as instructed had no effect.

Looking closely at the hardware, it looks like there are 4 (my guess is gnd, fog +, reversing +, and tail +) wires going into the offside cluster but only 3 (gnd, reversing +, and tail +) going into the nearside. Also, the nearside cluster has fewer LEDs installed. So, i guess I'll have to buy a new nearside cluster and swap the wiring harnesses across.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoysaln said:
Hi Gizmo,

Have you managed to get the near-side rear fog light to work on your Kodiaq? I have an Edition with LED high rear lights and thought it would just be a case of following the instructions posted for the Octavia III detailed in Briskoda.

The offside fog lamp was set to brightness level 127 and adaptation "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhänger gesteckt", i.e. There was no mention of left or right traffic.

The nearside fog lamp was set to brightness level zero and wasn't adapted. This was in accordance with the updated instructions for MY15 onwards. Changing these settings as instructed had no effect.

Looking closely at the hardware, it looks like there are 4 (my guess is gnd, fog +, reversing +, and tail +) wires going into the offside cluster but only 3 (gnd, reversing +, and tail +) going into the nearside. Also, the nearside cluster has fewer LEDs installed. So, i guess I'll have to buy a new nearside cluster and swap the wiring harnesses across.
Correct there are no LEDs in the N/S fog light cluster, we have not yet ordered ours (waiting for a L&K or possibly SportLine, that's if the Tesla Model 3 does not get 'in there' 1st) but this was the same for the new Superb, things have moved on a bit since the Octavia unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Do you know if the 'dip on reverse' N/S/ door mirror, is do-able via VCDS on cars without electric seats?
Thanks.
C

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Thanks. Kent is a long way from Poole, Pity!.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I should collect my Kodiaq in July, so I will have a good play with both VCDS and VCP :)

For those of you that know me, I documented the Octavia 3 VCDS thread on Briskoda, so have been 'playing' with the MQB platform since launch

·
Registered
221 Posts
andyvee said:
I should collect my Kodiaq in July, so I will have a good play with both VCDS and VCP :)

For those of you that know me, I documented the Octavia 3 VCDS thread on Briskoda, so have been 'playing' with the MQB platform since launch
Hi I really like to read that. Could you share the link here or PM? TY!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
1.Click this
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/search/
and put in the search facility.
2.Octavia 3 VCDS
3. take your pick!
If you are not registered with 'The Dark Side' (Briskoda), you may have to do so to get into the forum, I can;'t remember.

·
Registered
407 Posts
$k0d1ak said:
andyvee said:

Hi I really like to read that. Could you share the link here or PM? TY!
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

These were done on the very early O3 models over 3 years ago now, and the pictures seem to have disappeared

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
QUOTE.......Do you know if the 'dip on reverse' N/S/ door mirror, is do-able via VCDS on cars without electric seats?
Thanks.
C
Moderator GroupSE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, Panoramic Roof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglav wheels. Free Spacesaver and Canton sound system.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive)
User avatarGizmo68
Re: VCDS / VCP coding

Edit Delete post Report this post Warn user Information Quote
Post by Gizmo68 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:32 am

I have done it on a 2016 Passat which is MQB based the same as the Kodiaq so it should be possible Colin.
.....Unquote

Whilst I was having my air bag light reset I asked them, if possible to activate the dipping passenger mirror when in reverse.

NOT DO-ABLE on the SE L! Perhaps if you have the leccy seats as an option it may be do-able but not with the manual seats.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealers will not do many things that VCDS is capable of doing though Colin so do not take it as gospel, as I say it is possible on a Passat with manual seats.

Depending on the spec of the car I get on Saturday will determine if I can check this out.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
Dealers will not do many things that VCDS is capable of doing though Colin so do not take it as gospel, as I say it is possible on a Passat with manual seats.

Depending on the spec of the car I get on Saturday will determine if I can check this out.
Any joy with your investigations Gizmo?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts