Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I added the option for the USB-C charging port next to the rear view mirror as I have a Nextbase dashcam I intend to move across from my current car to the new one when it arrives. I currently have the Nextbase hard-wire kit with it piggy-backed off the rear wiper fuse then the wire running up the A pillar and along the top of the windscreen. The idea is that I can use a short USB-C to USB mini cable instead.

On the Skoda configurator, it shows a picture with the mirror tilted towards the left seat and the USB-C port on the right side of the mirror housing. Does anyone with this option (only available on post-face lift cars afaik) know whether this is reversed for right hand drive cars (i.e. USB-C port is on the left)? I would sincerely hope so as it doesn't make sense to put it on the same side as the driver.

Automotive tire Screenshot Terrestrial plant Font Plant

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear, that's rubbish as you'd have to route the cable to the other side somehow. Pretty sure it's not strictly legal to mount the dash cam on the driver's side of the rear view camera as it would class as obstructing the driver's view.

It will also need a slightly longer cable as I was looking at one on Amazon that's 25cm long. Wonder if it's possible to tuck a cable inside the plastic trim at the back of the mirror housing, between that and the roof lining. Will have to see when I get my car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know. It's kind of like, "here's what you could have won". I suppose so few people who need RHD and want this option mean it's not economically viable to produce both variants. Could have easily been designed out I'm sure, but probably would have cost Skoda an extra £1. ☹

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.