Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
71 plate Sportline, the upper glove box can only be opened by driving over a bump! Close it and it appears to fix closed but doesn't matter what one does it won't open ….. unless you drive over a bump!! Any ideas please? Was OK when we picked car up last week!!!! (Bit of a trek back to dealer as no local dealers wanted to sell us a car!!!!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Warranty issue. You don't have to go back to the selling dealer, any Skoda garage can handle it as a warranty matter. If any reluctance to do so contact Skoda UK Customer Service.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevinbw57

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Old and Grumpy said:
If any reluctance to do so contact Skoda UK Customer Service.
Yeah! Because Skoda UK Customer Services are great and really have a handle on everything that is happening...... not.

In my experience you may as well ring the speaking clock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
ChrisL said:
Old and Grumpy said:
If any reluctance to do so contact Skoda UK Customer Service.
Yeah! Because Skoda UK Customer Services are great and really have a handle on everything that is happening...... not.

In my experience you may as well ring the speaking clock.
That's certainly not my experience. Perhaps it depends upon your demeanour when you ask them for help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Old and Grumpy said:
ChrisL said:
Old and Grumpy said:
If any reluctance to do so contact Skoda UK Customer Service.
Yeah! Because Skoda UK Customer Services are great and really have a handle on everything that is happening...... not.

In my experience you may as well ring the speaking clock.
That's certainly not my experience. Perhaps it depends upon your demeanour when you ask them for help?
Says the person called "Old and Grumpy"?

Im glad I didn't share your experiences since they made you that way.

Trade in the old banger, order a new car and then try to get any information from them and you might learn a thing or two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
ChrisL said:
Old and Grumpy said:
ChrisL said:
Yeah! Because Skoda UK Customer Services are great and really have a handle on everything that is happening...... not.

In my experience you may as well ring the speaking clock.
That's certainly not my experience. Perhaps it depends upon your demeanour when you ask them for help?
Says the person called "Old and Grumpy"?

Im glad I didn't share your experiences since they made you that way.

Trade in the old banger, order a new car and then try to get any information from them and you might learn a thing or two.
OK, put your handbag down, not worth wasting my breath on someone so beligerent. Good manners cost nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
The fact remains that at the moment Skoda UK Customer Services seem far from able to help anyone with anything.

You might want to examine to tone of your first reply to me in this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
ChrisL said:
The fact remains that at the moment Skoda UK Customer Services seem far from able to help anyone with anything.

You might want to examine to tone of your first reply to me in this thread.
I merely asked the question. Only you know the answer to it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
What a ridiculous and childish conversation over a very simple question :roll:

Typically people call a manufacturers customer services dept only when they have a fault, so no matter who the manufacturer is, their customer services are already on a no winner.

Secondly, who are customer services? They don't have access to your car, they can only read information off the screen that's in front of them and try to resolve an issue by liasoning with other parties.

Thirdly, and most important of all, I keep reading people slamming customer services. Your contact is between the seller and the buyer, therefore your first port of call is with the seller.

So lets go back to the original question - customer has a fault with his brand new car, so what he should do is take it to the nearest franchised dealership to have it fixed. If there's a problem with that then the OP should call his supplying dealer for advice.

We all want a better deal and will travel some distance, sometime to the opposite end of the country to get it, but there is a downside to that, sometimes you have no option but to return the car to the original dealer. Given the nature of the above problem I can't for the life of me see why any Skoda dealership couldn't fix it. A warranty is simply an insurance policy, any franchised dealer claims off that policy, it's not as if they have to fork out money themselves. ( not 100% true, there are some exceptions but that won't apply in this case ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
How very bizzare, I ordered and received my Kodiaq from one dealer and have it serviced by another absolutely no issues. I phoned them today about a fault outlined on this forum, they agreed it was regrettably common,. The answer was can I drop it off tomorrow or on a day to suit me and they will give me a courtesy car whilst they investigate. So my answer to the glove box is ring a skoda dealer any dealer in the UK you wish they will sort it.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top