Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you, like me, somewhat confused about which week number given by Skoda is which ACTUAL week.
I have just put the 'phone down to my 'best friend' in Skoda Executive office.
My build week is week 9 which in calendar terms is the week commencing the 6th March.
When questioned about the length of time for delivery and having to wait for a ship from Emden (Germany) to Harwich I was told that they have FIVE ships A DAY leaving for the U.K. So the wait for a place on a boat should not be too long. Delivery of mine is still expected in April.
Build weeks are flexible until , in my case , week 6 when the firm date for build is confirmed. So if yo have a build week given as 12, which I know some of you have, the ACTUAL date should be confirmed at week 9 i:e: w/c 6th March.
Hope this helps all the impatient Skodiaq buyers out there.

It is made here (takes 27 hours to make a Kodiaq) at the Kvasiny plant in Czechoslovakia and goes on a train taking 8.5 hours to Emden in Germany where your Kodiaq leaves Europe. it then arrives

This is the Skoda 'car park' At Emden docks.
It then arrives at an east coast port (varies,) Tyne, Grimsby and Sheerness. It takes about a day to get here from Germany, thence shipped to your dealer by road transporter.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for that I'm still waiting for a build week :cry:

Just been called by my dealership, none of their orders have build weeks and they have a LHD demonstrator for two hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Come on Skoda for my first car with you this is not a very good experience!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Are the Kodiaqs shipped to Germany from the Czech Republic or are they made in Germany?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Popped in to a Skoda dealership in Harlow, Essex yesterday and I was told that they had not sold one car yet as no one was willing to put an order down for something that they could not see and touch and feel. He also stated that they had no idea about when a demo was available, and that they only were able to get a left hand drive showroom car for 3 hours on the 22nd Feb between 6 and 9pm. He said that the whole release had been a bit of a joke!!! He's off to Bilbao along with every other UK dealer on Wednesday for a Demo day!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
In Sweden it seems like the Skoda dealers are "over-selling" the kodiaq trying to make a hype of the car, to make people place orders without test driving it! The rumors are that they will properly not sell as many as they hoped for (Norway, Sweden, Denmark). I i'm really interested in the Kodiaq, but there are also other great alternatives for almost the same price. (Tiguan, Ateca, KIA and even Santa Fe) The Ateca is super popular at the moment and getting top ratings everywhere in Scandinavia. And Skoda is trying to make the same hype of S-kodiaq, but if they are not even ready to meet demands, they will lose market. (I guess Seat is already loosing market because of the super long delivery times on the Ateca) I hope they will step up with production and information...because as I said, it's an interesting car and I will sit in one next week here in Sweden at a pre-view. But I will not wait one year for a car, when I can get an alternative in much shorter time. Or maybe we will just get a storage kodiaq from one of the dealers. But I will have to drive it before anything.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zach said:
Are the Kodiaqs shipped to Germany from the Czech Republic or are they made in Germany?
With respect.......... please read the words under the first picture. ;)
There are no Skoda car assembly plants listed in Germany.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SilverFox said:
Popped in to a Skoda dealership in Harlow, Essex yesterday and I was told that they had not sold one car yet as no one was willing to put an order down for something that they could not see and touch and feel. He also stated that they had no idea about when a demo was available, and that they only were able to get a left hand drive showroom car for 3 hours on the 22nd Feb between 6 and 9pm. He said that the whole release had been a bit of a joke!!! He's off to Bilbao along with every other UK dealer on Wednesday for a Demo day!!
Your Harlow dealer needs to extract his finger sharpish!
Dealers should have placed their orders for demos now as U.K production started 18th january WITH U.K. Dealer demos.
The U.K. official launch is the 1st April by which time the dealers will have all their demos on site (unless there is yet another mega cock-up in Skoda. The launch was a disaster with Kodiaq first muted LAST APRIL then all the hullabaloo of TWO launches, Berlin and then Paris and then people being told they could not order until late 2016 and even that was put off a month. Then when the dealer ordered mine he could not put my name on it for 3 weeks so he had to order it as his demo and THEN put my name on it.
So your dealer has it right in one respect the whole launch has been a complete F'up from start to finish! I know of two dealers who have complained to Skoda about the total disaster. They got so fed up with people coming in waving their cheque books wanting at least a demo and being told they would have to wait SIX MONTHS. One chap on this forum got fed up and went and bought a RR sport because he was not prepared to hang on that long.
My dealer was supposed to have the LHD on the 18th February for the WHOLE DAY and has now been told he is getting it between 19.00 & 21.00 ONLY. I was going to take a friend , who has now cried off because he can't be bothered to ruin his Saturday night by doing a 40 mile round trip on a freezing dark January evening. I have told Skoda U.K (not my dealer) that may well have cost them a sale. But do they care, I wouldn't thinks o specially if the allocation is tight!
I think I may well have been the first person in the U.K. to order a Skodiaq or at least one of the first.
I can quite understand people not wanting to spend £30k unseen. But The Skodiaq will be my 5th Skoda and I am comfortable with the fact that I will not be disappointed. Those that hesitate (to order) may well be lost, in as much that once the cars are out and about the order times may well go right out like the Ateca.
When the Yeti was young the order to delivery delay went out to a year! There is a not very big allocation of Kodiaqs for the U.K. so people may find themselves waiting over a year until the new allocations come out. Don't forget, as well that the NEW YETI comes out at the end of this year and that may well prove to just as popular as the Kodiaq, thereby pushing the Kodiaq delay out even further. The residuals for the K are already being predicted as being very good. If the wait goes right out the early owners might even get a premium for scarcity after a year. (he says hopefully!! :lol: )

·
Registered
176 Posts
Paymaster said:
Thanks for that I'm still waiting for a build week :cry:

Just been called by my dealership, none of their orders have build weeks and they have a LHD demonstrator for two hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Come on Skoda for my first car with you this is not a very good experience!
Colin how do I get in touch with the grown ups @ Skoda to find out what is going on?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the words of that awful TV ad, "You are not alone".
Kodiaq is my 4th Skoda. Good job I love Skodas. I have never seen such a cockup on a car launch in all my years involved with the motor trade..
As far as I know.... The factory advises the dealer when they have a build week. Have you tried poking your dealer? When did you order it?
I placed my order with the dealer on 22nd December (but there was yet another cockup, this time with the ordering system, so I think the order actually got to the factory about 3 weeks ago)and got the build week on 12th January
Your contact with Skoda U.K. IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICES DEPARTMENT ON 0333037504. Good luck :lol: . Let us all know how you get on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thank you for that, I also tried a comment on their FB site, ..... And got the usual "sorry we will pass that on to the team" reply. Not very useful!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Zach said:
With respect.......... please read the words under the first picture. ;)
There are no Skoda car assembly plants listed in Germany.
Sorry Colin, was skim reading...

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should be so lucky. When I told them on the FB page that I thought the Kodiaq launch was a complete cock-up I didn't get any response! Well there's a surprise!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Paymaster said:
Thank you for that, I also tried a comment on their FB site, ..... And got the usual "sorry we will pass that on to the team" reply. Not very useful!
I was told today on FB by Skoda UK that all our orders were only "pre-orders", I queried my dealer on this and was told that because the Kodiaq has not been officially launched orders were not open and that was why the majority of us do not have build dates (don't know how you managed it Colin)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pb2875 said:
I ordered between Christmas and New Year and have a build date of week 9, which I've been told is end of Feb so should take delivery early April :D
What did you order, are you in the U.K.?
There seems to be different opinions of which week NINE is. Skoda Executive office said it was week commencing 6th March. But I'm not saying it is correct.
I would agree with you, week 9 on my calendar is the last week in February???
I ordered at the same time as you and also have a build week (at present ) of 9. They still quoted delivery early April for me as well.
All we can do is sit impatiently and WAIT. :(
We have 11 ACTUAL PLACED orders now. pb2875 will be the 12th

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just been sent an invitation to preview the Kodiaq at Vindis Bury St Edmunds on the 09th Feb. Trouble is there online portal to register an interest for the event states the 07th. Another launch cock up!! To top it all the on hold information on the phone was running at 1/4 speed :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Paymaster said:
Paymaster said:
I was told today on FB by Skoda UK that all our orders were only "pre-orders", I queried my dealer on this and was told that because the Kodiaq has not been officially launched orders were not open and that was why the majority of us do not have build dates (don't know how you managed it Colin)
A few on here have build weeks. The original orders in December were 'pre orders'. Which, as I understood it, were a place in the queue for production. On paying a £1000 deposit they became an official order and went into the system then eventually a build week was supplied by Kvasiny plant to your dealer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Colin if only that were the case! Skoda on FB say that all orders before launch are pre orders, you are so lucky to have a build date hope they stick to it.

1 - 20 of 385 Posts