Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having ordered what seems a lifetime ago my Kodiaq SEL 2.0 TDI 2WD 48 month contract hire with no options eventually got to my dealer last Thursday (3 days later than Skoda UK told me it would arrive). Now I am being told that I can't have the car as there is trouble raising my paperwork due to the VED changes, I was originally quoted £352 per month with me putting down a £560 deposit.

I am not happy about but was expecting a small increase to cover the VED, has this stopped any one else from getting there car? can any one advise what I should do??

I am paranoid that I am not going to get the car as am close to my top budget and think now Skoda realise they are on to a winner they are going to hike the monthly payment up knowing that if I don't agree the stock car will sell immediately.

Any help or opinions greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Ring customer services 0333 003 7504 tell them you want to make a complaint and then ask for Executive office.
Good luck.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The reason given is illogical. It's not as if they weren't aware of the VED price increase or the Kodiaq's launch date!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Agreed on the ved front. I don't mean to sound smug, but I anticipated this before many and made it clear on signing in February that any increase after April would not be covered by myself and had it in writing. Consequently I've not been asked to foot any first year ved difference.

I am also happy with Skoda customer service thus far. They've responded to my feedback and bettered my experiences with MB and Jag, but way behind Lexus.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I signed on the 20th December with an agreed P/X of £14,000 on my Yeti and a cost of £200 for first year VED an first registration and the dealer stuck to both. So it cost him £55 for the increased VED.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update, I was advised by customer services to speak with Volkswagen financial services who had no idea who I was as my dealer hadn't bothered to submit the paperwork to them (interesting as my dealer had said it was them that had caused the delay). Armed with this I went back to customer services and raised a formal complaint.

Half an hour later and my dealer was on the phone, full of apologies.

Long story short I have had an apology and been told if I don't have my car tomorrow I will definitely have it on Friday. I have had to cop fore the VED change but its only added £2 on to my payment so am not to upset with that.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well done you. Glad I could help. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts