Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had raised a few queries with dealer regarding available options. Thought it would be worthwhile posting here in case other folks interested in these options -

Fold flat front passenger seat is not available on UK models. It was shown in some of the reviews and looked like a useful feature.

SE L will at some point have option for full leather at £300, but can't be ordered as yet. No date for this yet. Can be added up to 5 weeks before build date. So if you want full leather on SE L and you order now without it there is no guarantee the option will be made available in time.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
That is very interesting. When I configured my SE L leather was listed as a £1200 option as was the flop down front seat, but I have just had another look at the U.K. configurator and you are quite correct. Well spotted.
They don't seem to know their @rses from their elbows. Complete c0ckup on the ordering system as well. Would eventually allow my order to be accepted by the system but only in the dealer's name. My name to be 'tagged' to the order when they eventually get their IT ducks in a row!
This launch has been a complete dog's dinner from the start! :evil:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would like some information regarding options. Any help is appreciated. I am waiting to look at (I was busy during the VIP evenings) and test drive before buying. I have been waiting and researching like the rest of you for it to arrive in showrooms since it was rumoured over two years ago.

I wanted to double check that the fold flat passenger seat is not available when ordering now. I know that the online configurator has changed a lot since the last post in December and certain packages are only known to the dealers (not on configurator) such as the Pro Pack (Mudflap's, floor mats).

Is there anything else that is optional when ordering via the dealer that is not on the online configurator?

I am pretty sure that drawers under the front seats are not available on the Edition due to electric seats but just wanted to check.

Has anyone asked if its possible to fit a FULL size "spare" wheel in the boot under seats 6 & 7 ?

I would also like advice regarding dog (luggage) guards. The Partition net screen doesn't seem like it would be sturdy compared to the metal ones. Does anyone have one on their current Skoda? I have looked at the metal one on the accessories brochure and prefer this but can it be folded up to the roof when not needed? Like the Volvo V70 ones can. To explain this I have dogs but they are harnessed in and therefore I will only use the guard when the boot is packed full and I don't want to keep removing it. Does anyone know whether the partition net screen uses the same drilled holes as the Skoda metal one? I was thinking that it may be better to get the holes drilled in the factory when being built rather than after at the dealer.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Hello Pheebs,
I will try and answer some of your questions, but please bear in mind nonw of us has had more than a cursory look at the car and then only if we went to a VIP meeting.
Fold flat front seat. I do believe that it is NOT available on U.K. cars Check with dealer or Skoda customer services 03330037504
Drawers under front seats. I think you are correct. I remember seeing it in print somewhere.
Again I seem to remember seeing that a FULL size spare will not fit the 7seater but a spacesaver will, as my car is having one.
Dog guards,
Being a dog owner I would not trust the net system to restrain a dog in the event of an accident. The dog guard in your brochure does not fit the Kodiaq in the same way as the Yeti dog guard. It doesn't look to me as though it would swing out of the way it appears to be bolted into the back of the 'C' pillar. I would think it would have captive nuts. But if it is in the accessory brochure I presume it is dealer fit.
The dealers don't have an accessory brochure yet so I doubt they would know. Again , try Customer services.
Sorry not really very helpful, More supposition than fact. As I have said before it is a pretty steep learning curve for all of us.
Hopefully two of us will have our cars 2nd or 3rd week in April, then we will be more able to answer some questions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I asked, I was told that the fold flat would be there as long as you don't order an electric seat.
That was a big selling point for me
It was a shame that the driver only electric seat came after my car went to build status

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do you mean the fold flat front seat will be there with normal manual seats....? Hope so that's what I should be getting in the SE.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for all the help.
Really looking forward to seeing one but been told by my local dealer that they are not arriving till 1st April at the earliest. This is different to what I have read elsewhere. The guy I spoke to didn't know very much so I will email the manager next week to find out more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've also been told on a UK test drive a few days ago that the front passenger seats do not fully fold flat unless you get the top of the range model.

I have to say I find this mind boggling and a complete deal breaker. What on earth are Skoda thinking???!!!

The whole point of me getting a decent sized SUV is so that I can fold all the seats flat and put lots in the boot. I don't mind paying extra for this feature, but to make it only available on the top of the range model with all the other junk I don't want or need is silly.

I hope that Skoda rectify this soon and offer this feature as standard or at least as optional upgrade for all models. It's a shame because I loved this car and would have bought one. Guess I have to continue looking around.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The top of the range model does not have fold flat fronts.
I believe for fold flat fronts, the seats need to be manual, the editions are electric.
That's not to say the non electric fold flat in all markets/models, but I have seen one pre launch review were the front passenger one did.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I always understood that if you have the electric adjustable front seat you can not have fold flat.
After asking three times in the hope I could delete the third row I got this out of Hughes;

'I've had a conversation with my rep from Skoda today to find out about the seats for definite and as we stand there is currently no option to delete the seats from the SE L or Edition trims. In his words 'this may well change in the future but for now it's not something we are able to offer'.

So that is contrary to the post under heading the 'Getting the config you want'

Skoda UK speak---"Following customer feedback" !! ie "we may have got it wrong" there is now a 5 seat spec for all the top specs.
Such a shame since I have been conned into a 7 seat option to get a good spec. I have seen my vehicle but can not get my hands on it yet.
A lower towing spec, heavier than I need, higher insurance, lower MPG and now the "customer feedback" has at last changed their mind.
I am so disappointed with Skoda UK who have created this nonsense. They are not "flavour of the month here" but I gather that they have been given a very hard time by GMBH and VAG head office.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I can't see any option of deleting 2 seats in the configurator.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I spoke to my contact in the SUK Executive Office (as I am one of the very annoyed people who did not want to spend a grand on something that I will NEVER, EVER use.) In a nutshell I was told exactly what Hughes said. The 5 seat option is coming but they know not when exactly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Colin,

I'd be very interested in details, and also happy to speak to SUK if it would make any difference. I'm in the same position as you.......I've just ordered an Edition model at the weekend, but have no need for the 7 seats. I reckon if I have the car for 3-4 years, the rear seats may be used once or twice at most when family visit, but certainly not worth lugging around extra weight, losing stowage space, and wasting money on!

If there was likely to be an option to delete 2 seats within the next few weeks I would almost certainly go for it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is there any reason why I can not remove the 3rd row myself, I could use the space. I did that with the S-Max.
Put them in the back of the shed and forget about them. May be sell them to an K owner with an unexpectedly expanding family!

Seat belts? Electric ? or safety switches , carpets?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The other thing to consider is resale, if you're keeping the car for only a few years, are 7 seat cars going to be worth more or more desirable?????

·
Registered
92 Posts
andy54199 said:
The other thing to consider is resale, if you're keeping the car for only a few years, are 7 seat cars going to be worth more or more desirable?????
I have a totally different reason though - there are only 3 of us in our family but my primary reason for 7 seats is that we have friends/ family visiting us on the weekends. You want the flexibility of 7 seats when you want to go out together rather than lugging 2 cars/ squeezing everyone into one car.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Point one. If you remove the 6/7 seats you will be left with a hole in the floor as they lie flat when down.
Point two. The 7 seat will without doubt (according to my dealer) be worth more secondhand but I bet it won't be anywhere near the £1000 extra we all had to pay for something many of us don't want!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Point one. If you remove the 6/7 seats you will be left with a hole in the floor as they lie flat when down.
Point two. The 7 seat will without doubt (according to my dealer) be worth more secondhand but I bet it won't be anywhere near the £1000 extra we all had to pay for something many of us don't want!
And more desirable with 7 seats (more potential buyers??) I can see people searching for Kodiaqs for the simple reason of the extra seats.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Savage said:
The top of the range model does not have fold flat fronts.
I believe for fold flat fronts, the seats need to be manual, the editions are electric.
That's not to say the non electric fold flat in all markets/models, but I have seen one pre launch review were the front passenger one did.
I have the manual seats. In SE spec I can tell you it's not a fold flat just checked it. Pity I would've liked that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts