Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if you could clarify a few points for me, I am trying to spec a Kodiaq against the options based on the 'Edition' but I am finding some of the options a little confusing.

Specifically UK Configurator:

• Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds £175
    Roller blinds for rear side windows £200

Why is the second option more expensive given from the way it is written or perhaps the way I am interpreting it, the first option from what I can see is the same but with an additional option of child locks. (yet costs less!?)

Also, if I select "Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds", I can no longer select "Door and side trim panel in leather with waste bin" which seems odd!?

To be able to add "Area view with rear LED lights high" I also HAVE to select "Front and Rear Parking sensors" at an additional cost of £350 even though the 'Edition' spec already has rear parking sensors, seems quite a price hike!?

To be able to add the "Canton Sound System", I HAVE to add the "Space saver spare wheel (7-seater)", not sure how the spare wheel helps the sound, maybe it adds some base to the woofer!?? :lol:

"Bluetooth with LTE and wireless charging" - apologies for this one as I know its been mentioned in a previous post, but even with those post replies im still confused with this option. The 'Edition; already comes with PhoneBox and Wireless charging, I assume also Bluetooth so is the "750 additional premium just for the LTE alone??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Perhaps George Orwell could help with 'Doublespeak' & 'Doublethink' (1984)
Skoda's options list baffles me as well. I have chosen front AND rear sensors for £350 on an SE L . WHY AND REAR? SE L already has rear bleepers??? Makes the front ones bluddy expensive!
I doubt if the dealer will be able to help either. We (on this forum) seem to know more than most of the dealers I have spoken to!
There is a sales training session for all dealers in January if you can wait that long.
Or conversely you could ring or email Skoda customer services.

Customer service: 'Phone:- 0333 003 7504
Email:- [email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have also ordered the Canton Soundsystem, which houses the subwoofer in the spare wheel well. It is a combined unit I think. Not sure how it all works if you have to remove the spare wheel. I totally agree and couldn't understand half the options as they al contradicted themselves and made very little sense....you are not alone.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
P*ss ups & breweries!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts