Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From pics and video reviews on the Kodiaq, it appears you are likely to get either Continental or Pirelli tyres.
Looks (from tyre places guides) that the Pirelli is better for wet grip and lower noise, so maybe that's the ones to keep fingers crossed for.
I just hope there isn't any Bridgestones about when mine is built, not at all happy with the ones on my vRS !

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I forgot to look last Saturday, sorry. But the VIP cars were Finnish anyway so I doubt they would be the same as U.K. spec.
The days of a manufacturer using only one brand of rubber seems to have gone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was at the Kodiaq unveiling last night in Harlow, where they had the White car destined for Finland. I checked and it had Pirelli tyres. I nicked a couple of Naff Kodiaq key rings :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
We didn't have key rings at Meadens, naff or otherwise.
We had neck lanyards with a VIP card attached. Skoda's inconsistency is amazing😉

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
From what I've seen they use Pirelli EDIT: Scorpion Verde or Continental ContiSportContact5's

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pics I have seen with Pirelli's looked to be Scorpion Verde, looks like it will be a lottery on tyres too :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Savage said:
The pics I have seen with Pirelli's looked to be Scorpion Verde, looks like it will be a lottery on tyres too :)
Apologies, you're correct on the Scorpion Verde tyres. I believe the 19's are on those.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My 18s have hankook 103v ventus S1 Evo2 SUV

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ive found that the Pirelli Scorpion Verde are apparently self sealing tyres.
Picked up my car on Thurs. It's fitted with these Pirelli tyres and they are self sealing. They have SI embossed on the sidewall.

I hope they work as I'm off to France with it shortly and I don't trust the can of gunk that's provided with the car. :roll:

·
Registered
127 Posts
old man said:
Ive found that the Pirelli Scorpion Verde are apparently self sealing tyres.
Picked up my car on Thurs. It's fitted with these Pirelli tyres and they are self sealing. They have SI embossed on the sidewall.

I hope they work as I'm off to France with it shortly and I don't trust the can of gunk that's provided with the car. :roll:
That's interesting and good to know. Ironically, we had our first tyre pressure warning last week, whilst towing on the motorway. I checked the pressures at the first safe opportunity and they were all within 1psi of each other!! Could it be that the extra weight transferred from the caravan through the rear tyres changed their radius (and hence their rotational speed)? If so, why hasn't it happened before? All was well on return journey.

·
Registered
628 Posts
If so, why hasn't it happened before?
Based on past experience with a Superb and a Renault a few years ago, it can be as simple as a glitch with the system or running over a pothole or sudden depression in the road.

Slightly off topic; do you increase your tyre pressures when towing your van ? I can't find any reference to increasing pressures when towing.

On my previous car, a Hyundai Santa Fe, it wasn't necessary, but with the car before that, a Skoda Superb, it was necessary. Both cars were towing the same van.
How stable do you find your combination on the motorway ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts