Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the "Stop Start" function and the Kodiaq's version is way better than my old Audi. However, I find it "stops" in my driveway and then I have to restart the engine in order to turn it off. This is, at best, annoying and I feel as though I am missing an easy fix? Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
DO NOT,WHATEVER YOU DO disconnect or otherwise interfere with the switch. If you do, the car will not start at all.
I have the same problem. Best I can offer is that as soon as you start the engine, turn it OFF. I did this on my Yeti & you will quickly get into the habit.
This will. NOT work if drive mode is set to Eco.
As long as in standard or sport, once turned off it will stay inoperative until you turn the engine off.
Then on restart you must switch the s/s off again.
It is a right royal pain in the @rse and in my case saves no fuel whatsoever.
I think Gizmo 68 commented previously that it could possibly be turned off perminantly using a VCDS machine.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes it can be permanently disabled with VCDS if you do not use it.

IIRC once start stop has cut in you can also apply the handbrake and once you open the door the ignition will turn off, I may also be dreaming that as mine was turned off after a couple of days as it hindered me and didn't help one bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts