Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering if only me that finds the the way the TP blocks out the whole SatNav screen for the duration of an announcement a bit of a pain. Some announcements can be 3-5 minutes long, you wan to listen but also want to be able to view the SatNav at the same time. Would be nice if it just quickly flashed giving you chance to cancel it, if you didn't want it. After 5-10 seconds it should just return to the SatNav or whatever you had on the screen at the time.

Also wish you could toggle through the infotainment screens from the steering wheel, do find having to reach to the tough screen annoying, distracting and a bit dangerous. Every time you have to lean over, you are taking your eyes off the road. Great if you always have passenger in the car to run the infotainment, but thats not always possible.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't use the tp announcements but if it's like you say it sounds like a pain. I just make sure my phone's tethered and the system does a good job rerouting me around problems.
I agree with using the screen being a distraction. I tend to leave it alone when I'm driving and just use what the steering wheel restricts me to.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re the leaning over to change screens - isn't that why you have voice recognition?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Find the voice recognition slow and very unreliable. said enter a postcode last week and it said do you wish to call ####. Does yours work okay? Used to have a volvo xc60 2014 before Yogi and the voice recognition was brilliant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts