Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,
After about 280miles I got a TPMS warning, which turned out to be totally spurious. It occurred after the first decent run out i.e. over 12 miles in one journey. Sorted it , did pressures, re-set the alert level, and has been fine since. Anyone else had this scenario?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Had it on my third Yeti, once, TPMS can be set off by various things. Wheel spin, pot hole etc. (probably) 1 new tyre when others half worn)
It measure the rolling radius, if a tyre looses pressure the radius changes and sets off the alarm. Different radii means different rotational speed, hence being set off by wheel spin.
You have done the right thing in checking the pressures. BTW it doesn't 'bed in'.
I haven't had it on the K. On the Yeti it didn't tell you which wheel was affected. Does it tell you on the K? (individual wheel alert system is more expensive. So Skoda may not have fitted it.)
For those interested.
http://www.techeurope.co.uk/tech/news/view/35/European-legislation-on-TPMS-imminent

·
Registered
1 Posts
My TPMS warning lit up as I was driving up the M1 a few weeks ago. It did say which tyre was affected which in my case was the nearside front. I left the motorway at the first opportunity and pulled over in a lay by where I visually inspected the tyre which seemed fine so we carried on our journey. Later in the day I went to a garage to check the pressures and found that the tyre the TPMS was warning about was 2.5 bar instead of 2.7 so it does appear that the system was working correctly. I inflated it to the correct pressure and checked the other tyres, which were all fine, and then reset the system. SInce then it has been fine.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Thanks for the extra info Charles.
I was not sure which system it used.
The Yeti only tells you 'A' tyre is low, not which one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.