1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Just wanted to get some thoughts,

Question 1.

First off, I will be picking up a new caravan later in the year to tow with my Kodiaq.

So, my first question is regarding Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) - Would it improve the ride while towing, would it be a sensible option to add on (which I might still have time to adjust my order). We are hoping to tow regularly, once we get the van. When not towing, the car will mainly just have me in it so I will want a 'sportier' ride.

From the reviews I have seem the default springs do a decent job which is why I have left this up to now.

Question 2.

On a separate note, does anyone know the Maximum authorized mass (MAM) or gross vehicle weight (GVW) of a 190bhp Edition Kodiaq, I can only find the kerb weight which is different. I passed my test in 1998 which means I may have to complete the Category B+E test to tow a 1300kg (GVW) caravan. It may just be over the 3500kg limit but I cant find the figure for the kodiaq?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
TOTAL weight. (is that what you are looking for?)
2476Kg
I was under the impression that Kodiaqs at least of SE L and Edition had DCC as standard. I may be wrong , but I have just configured an Edition and DCC does not show up under options , so one assumes it is standard?
Your dealer should be able to tell you.
This shows up as standard equipment on the configurator. for SE L and Edition. Lesser versions it is not standard.

Modular transverse matrix (MQB) drive select (Charisma)/selection of driving profile•

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
TOTAL weight. (is that what you are looking for?)
2476Kg
I was under the impression that Kodiaqs at least of SE L and Edition had DCC as standard. I may be wrong , but I have just configured an Edition and DCC does not show up under options , so one assumes it is standard?
Your dealer should be able to tell you.
This shows up as standard equipment on the configurator. for SE L and Edition. Lesser versions it is not standard.

Modular transverse matrix (MQB) drive select (Charisma)/selection of driving profile•
DCC is an option on the Edition - option code PF4. Driving mode select is separate from DCC - it changes engine/transmission mapping, throttle sensitivity etc. When DCC is added it changes the dampening as expected.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. I never claim to know everything!! Always willing to learn and be proved wrong.
My Pa always used to say "The man who thinks he knows everything is a fool" I have remembered that through out my life! ;)
Not only do I now know the difference but due to playing about with the Configurator I now know that the drive mode control is only standard on the top two specs.
Two new bit of knowledge in one day!!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I never claim to know everything!! Always willing to learn and be proved wrong.
My Pa always used to say "The man who thinks he knows everything is a fool" I have remembered that through out my life! ;)
Not only do I now know the difference but due to playing about with the Configurator I now know that the drive mode control is only standard on the top two specs.
Two new bit of knowledge in one day!!
I don't get why they'd make drive mode select only on the top models if it's so cheap to implement..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts