Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I and a couple of friends are taking my Kodiaq to Belgium for a model aeroplane competition so I thought I had better test it's towing capability on a short , 140 mile, rt. trip to Old Warden.

Towing is fine, much less interference or pushing the car about, from the tow bar, (it's retractable = nice)
It is easy ,or will be with practise , to reverse up to the caravan using the camera. I went nearly there then used the motor mover for the last 3".

When I got to OW I tested the Trailer assist reversing for the first time. It worked perfectly.
Now I know why I have the self parking button even though I do not have that option. Trailer parking involves both buttons.

The car has done 1.700 mile locally @ 41 mpg. so far.
With the caravan , a 8 mt Bailey, no passengers in car, it did 27.3 mpg.

On the way back we added the Roof box as well. It is not heavy but nearly a high as the caravan. Some Thule roof bars made the job easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
RCRCRC said:
Next week I and a couple of friends are taking my Kodiaq to Belgium for a model aeroplane competition so I thought I had better test it's towing capability on a short , 140 mile, rt. trip to Old Warden.

Towing is fine, much less interference or pushing the car about, from the tow bar, (it's retractable = nice)
It is easy ,or will be with practise , to reverse up to the caravan using the camera. I went nearly there then used the motor mover for the last 3".

When I got to OW I tested the Trailer assist reversing for the first time. It worked perfectly.
Now I know why I have the self parking button even though I do not have that option. Trailer parking involves both buttons.

The car has done 1.700 mile locally @ 41 mpg. so far.
With the caravan , a 8 mt Bailey, no passengers in car, it did 27.3 mpg.

On the way back we added the Roof box as well. It is not heavy but nearly a high as the caravan. Some Thule roof bars made the job easy.
Someone's left an old 1970's wardrobe on your roof.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Blimey......that's what you call a roofbox! Nice and streamlined 😬

1 - 3 of 3 Posts