Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Has anyone seen the result of ordering the tow bar prep option? I wondered whether or not there was anything visible and/or if it was prep in expectation of adding the skoda retractable towbar at a later date or instead intended to provide basic platform for any type of generic towbar later.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Towbar preparation will put the electrics in, allowing you to go for an after market option easily.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I am assuming it's a 13 pins socket. A while ago Skodas only had 7 pins, correct? Not that I am going to tow a caravan with my 150 TSI anyhow, but I might have to buy a 13-7 socket adapter.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm guessing that the towbar preparation includes wiring in the right places, for connection to whatever socket(s) are later fitted.

There's more than wires different, though, in a Kodiaq prepared for towing: it will have different software settings for certain things, and a different radiator.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My factory towbar comes with the adaptor included.

The prep should provide wiring for 13 pins and the 7 pin adaptor used to provide 7 pin compatibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.