Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the factory fitted tow bar has pins 10 & 11 wired up? these are to operate the fridge in a caravan and should only come on when the engine is running.
Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I can answer my own question, £850 and they don't wire up the fridge relay, that is crap its going to cost £200+ to get a relay wired in, I'm not happy Skoda

·
Registered
16 Posts
That most certainly is crap!
I took delivery of my car a few weeks back (it had already left the factory so no options fitted) and as I require a towbar and electrics to tow my caravan I asked my local Skoda dealer if they could retrofit the factory fitted version
I was quoted a price of £848 inc VAT for parts plus £375 inc VAT for fitting
Looks like I'll wait for the Westfalia swan neck detachable to be available early in 2018
I've a price including fitting and dedicated electrics for just over £700 which seems a lot more reasonable...............

·
Registered
57 Posts
Collected our car in October with factory towbar and while I haven't towed yet, I did take the car to the caravan to test. All seemed to work fine, fridge came on and everything including the ATC stabilisor worked ok. I can't remember whether I switched the car off to test whether fridge turned off when car wasn't running though. Does your fridge not work at all or just not switch off when ignition off?

·
Registered
188 Posts
When you say "fridge came on", do you mean the lights, autoignition etc came on (that's one 12V circuit) or do you mean the fridge got cold (which is a separate circuit, and the one using pins 10 and 11)?

·
Registered
181 Posts
davebakerpurton said:
Well I can answer my own question, £850 and they don't wire up the fridge relay, that is crap its going to cost £200+ to get a relay wired in, I'm not happy Skoda
The answer to your first question is 'Yes' , so don't know where this idea came from. Having towed my caravan a few times now with the FF towbar I can assure you the fridge wiring is fully functional but only with ignition and engine running.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 13 pin euro standard socket is just that. Skoda would have to comply with the EU standard specification to sell them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
DaveM said:
When you say "fridge came on", do you mean the lights, autoignition etc came on (that's one 12V circuit) or do you mean the fridge got cold (which is a separate circuit, and the one using pins 10 and 11)?
I didn't leave it on long enough to see if it was cold. When the caravan was hooked up with the ignition off the indicator light was flashing. Started the car and it was on constantly. That's exactly what it is supposed to do. Davebakerpurton I would go back to the dealer, looks like something is wrong with your wiring. Mine and H2UBS are working exactly as they should.

·
Registered
181 Posts
davebakerpurton said:
Just double-checked my outfit connections (to be sure) and confirm the socket is correctly wired to support the fridge with engine running.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I contacted Skoda customer service, and they tell me that pins 10-11 are not wired on the Kodiaq, so I complained to the dealer who was very good and contacted Skoda in front of me, they confirmed that the pins are not wired, He then told me that if I could find a tow bar fitter to wire them he would pay the cost, which I did, took it in on Friday to have it done, he put it on his test rig first to check!!! everything was wired as it should be, thanks Skoda for knowing bugger all about your own cars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
davebakerpurton said:
Well I contacted Skoda customer service, and they tell me that pins 10-11 are not wired on the Kodiaq, so I complained to the dealer who was very good and contacted Skoda in front of me, they confirmed that the pins are not wired, He then told me that if I could find a tow bar fitter to wire them he would pay the cost, which I did, took it in on Friday to have it done, he put it on his test rig first to check!!! everything was wired as it should be, thanks Skoda for knowing bugger all about your own cars.
Very strange my factory towbar is all fully wired including pins 10 & 11.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The FF towbar does not have as great a clearance as the superb did, it's only 55mm on this. Has this been a problem for the guys with caravans? Have you added anything to protect the bumper?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone know which car fuse is the one for the fridge electrics? which I'm assuming is pin 10 on the euro 13. My wiring has always previously provided power to the fridge but at the moment I dont so I'm assuming a fuse. I've used a multimeter on 10/11 and theres no power with the engine running.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts