Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 👋

We are looking at getting a towbar fitted to our 7 seater (Se L Tsi ) and wanted some advice on the type , sensors and electrics.

So we would be happy to get a fixed and I am assuming it would need to be a Swan neck , but has anyone had issues with the sensors ?

Also, am I OK to get the generic electric wiring or do I need to get the manufacturer one? It's more relating to the sensors going off when I have the carvan on the back.

Appreciate the help
Jimmy

·
Registered
27 Posts
We bought our 2017 model second-hand with the electric towbar fitted, I assume as a factory fit but I'm not sure.

The rear camera is awesome - it looks down directly at the towbar and has a yellow line that shows you which way to steer to line up with the caravan hitch - really easy.

However, despite being a factory fit (?), it doesn't turn off the rear sensors when activated, so the damn things beep constantly when you're trying to hitch up. If you turn off the sensors manually, it also turns off the camera, so that isn't an option.

However, a great system if you can get the camera fitted as an aftermarket option? And the Kodiaq is the best car I've ever towed with, probably due to it's length - very stable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts