Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the ongoing discussion about this issue.

I've just phone skoda uk and they are going to call me back to confirm details, he girl did say she did believe there was an issue with one particular setup getting a tow bar.

But she will phone me back shortly.

Considering the possibility of cancelling my order, despite the fact my car has just arrived at the uk port, but don't want to be put to the end of a list again and maybe have to wait until September to get a Kodiaq.

I would however take some form of compensation, such as in another person complained about the lack of alloy choice and got a £500 voucher for dealership.

How can I approach this ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Depends on whether you want to keep the Kodiaq or not.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just called me back and confirmed that no a tow bar can not be fitted to a manual 4x4 148 tdi in SEL or Edition.

They offered to contact my dealer to discuss it, or to raise an issue with her supervisors ?

Suggestions

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can make do without the tow bar as my Mrs Octavia has one, but it would have been something I would have wanted.

But again if I got a roof bar and box thrown at me, I could make do with that

·
Registered
617 Posts
My main concern would be that if a towbar isn't suitable for your car, its resale values will definitely take a hit. Your calculations to buy were based on resale values too. Maybe approach it this way, and see what the dealer and Skoda say.

·
Registered
617 Posts
exSantaFe said:
As in you can't get the Skoda towbar as an option or no towbar can be fitted ever, even an after market one????
No, it's illegal to fit a towbar in that particular model currently.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I I am getting an after market tow bar fitted.

It's only for a Thule bicycle rack. Didn't want to spend another 800 quid in options for something I would only use 2/3 times a year.

Roof bar on order with superSkoda. After I get my 20% voucher for buying bits and bobs. (Coat hanger, hook, iPad holder) :cool:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Also say that you were not advised of this issue at the time of purchase, and would not have agreed to pay the full asking price if you had known.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was very surprised when I saw in the final brochure that it wasn't allowed on that particular model. Very odd.

Sounds like you dont want to and wouldn't cancel the order regardless but feel yiu need to be duly compensated. Before you get into any discussion with them have in your head what that might be. I would say that roof bars and roof box would be a minimum and maybe 500 off the car value would be realistic to expect. Let them make an offer first and then say "Well that's fine but I don't think that really addresses the matter and I think X would be what I would accept".

Remember that the bars and box are dealer accessories and would be different to Skoda uk themselves compensating you. They'll come out of different budgets. Same with servicing. If you think it'll niggle you to not have the tow bar then don't get the car but I'm suspecting you are willing to live with it - in which case be clear in what you think is realistic to offset this. Good luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
neilysump said:
I was very surprised when I saw in the final brochure that it wasn't allowed on that particular model. Very odd.

Sounds like you dont want to and wouldn't cancel the order regardless but feel yiu need to be duly compensated. Before you get into any discussion with them have in your head what that might be. I would say that roof bars and roof box would be a minimum and maybe 500 off the car value would be realistic to expect. Let them make an offer first and then say "Well that's fine but I don't think that really addresses the matter and I think X would be what I would accept".

Remember that the bars and box are dealer accessories and would be different to Skoda uk themselves compensating you. They'll come out of different budgets. Same with servicing. If you think it'll niggle you to not have the tow bar then don't get the car but I'm suspecting you are willing to live with it - in which case be clear in what you think is realistic to offset this. Good luck.
Good advice,
I don't want the dealer having to compensate me, I don't think it is their fault, and I've a good relationship with them I don't wa t to tarnish.

I've got the car on a contract hire so it sure I can use the resale value.

I would be happy to accept a £500 voucher or something. But only as long as it's skoda that pay, not the dealer

·
Registered
617 Posts
Your contract is with the dealer. You have no relation with Skoda. It's up to the dealer to take it up with them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I found similar issues with the 150ps dsg as well when ordering back in January so went for 190 instead to save all the hassle. The electric row bar is a great bit of kit but just a bit too expensive!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I discussed the £900 tow bar with the dealer and decided it was stupid price so I would get one fitter after .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I had known at the time I would probably have go e for the 180

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, just registered after following the forum for a while.

had a test drive in the 1.4tsi 150 edition that had the tow bar fitted. I said it was nice but expensive and the sales guy said after market could be expensive as the rear bumper area is packed with wiring etc! Not sure why this would be any worse than any other car? Digging around in the back I also found a space saver spare wheel which he had earlier told me couldn't be fitted with 7 seats. Neither of us could figure out how you would get it out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You have to have the space saver wheel when taking the canton sound upgrade and I have this with my 7 seater. Best have a look how to get the spare out I guess!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just raised this concern with my dealer (had only spoke with Skoda uk before)

He tells me that he is aware that the 150 tdi manual 4x4 is an issue with getting the Skoda tow bar, but as they have been trained by Skoda you can get an aftermarket.

He's phoning around and will get back to me

&#x1f926-1f3fc;‍♂

·
Registered
314 Posts
BigfootW said:
Just raised this concern with my dealer (had only spoke with Skoda uk before)

He tells me that he is aware that the 150 tdi manual 4x4 is an issue with getting the Skoda tow bar, but as they have been trained by Skoda you can get an aftermarket.

He's phoning around and will get back to me

&#x1f926-1f3fc;‍♂
I would want that in writing, if the car is not approved then you cannot (legally) fit one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts