Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was just thinking about that today actually. There are a few places on eBay & Amazon that do custom

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've stopped buying screen protectors for my phone, they don't get scratched as compared to the screens few years ago. Besides, phones tend to get scratched when kept with the keys in same pocket. The navigation screen can only be poked. It's another matter if the purpose is to prevent ugly finger print marks......

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes it's more the fingerprintsim thinking about

·
Registered
54 Posts
For protection against fingerprints you can use oleophobic liquid which is available in small bottles designed for phones and tablets. Clove.co.uk sell Crystalusion Liquid Glass which looks like it would do the job.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.
Looking for something to prevent scratches to be honest. I prefer to be safe rather than sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
i once suckered my Garmin to the screen om my second Yeti (which didn't have sat nav) I assumed it was glass but of course they are laminated plastic. It caused a 'subcutateous fracture' in the sub strait which caught the sunlight Sumfink 'orrible. DO NOT put any suction cups on your screens!!
As far as scratches are concerned. How do you envisage it getting scratched (unless of course you have kids!!) I use a microfibre cloth to get rid of finger prints.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Unlikely to get scratched by just poking with fingers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Admittedly the screen is unlikely to get scratched but given my current radio screen is scratched and it's not even a touch screen I don't want to take a chance.
Thanks all for your input. If I come up with something I'll post it here

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dozz said:
Admittedly the screen is unlikely to get scratched but given my current radio screen is scratched and it's not even a touch screen I don't want to take a chance.
Thanks all for your input. If I come up with something I'll post it here
I would think (hope!) that because it's touch screen it will be beefier than a plazzy radio screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts