Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm a newbie and have found this forum most informative. We are thinking about ordering a Kodiaq Edition 190 DSG + extras. Do you think it is too close to the launch date to get a discount on the list price? We love the car and do want one but don't quite know how best to handle the negotiations given that it is so new to the showrooms. Any advice would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I didn't get any discount. Some members managed to secure a discount.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I'm afraid 'snowballs and hell' spring to mind. Skoda are so sure of selling everyone they can make that the Kodiaq is not included in dealer targets!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think there is chance of discount (I did pretty good I think but be prepared to sit there for a long time tip they crack!) but the car itself is hard to mark down. Instead focus on things they have some scope on - servicing and warranty are good ones to get them to throw in as well as accessories (roof bars?) and potentially some options. Have no shame and ask for everything!

Also before you buy they may say "I'll do you deal X if you sign today" - don't sign there and then. Go home and phone next nearest dealer tell them what you've been offered and see if they can beat it. Worked for me with a further 500 quid off an already good price. If it was that good a deal from the original dealer then they should know you'd be back to place orde4 by end of day.

Good luck would be good to know how you get on...

·
Registered
289 Posts
It is never too early to achieve a discount! Research and ask away at your dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. Will definitely try my luck but will keep in mind that it may just be too soon for good discounts.
Although having seen Romanv's post re Model 2018, I might just wait a few weeks before placing my order in case new options appear in the UK also ;)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Mooslie said:
Thanks for the advice everyone. Will definitely try my luck but will keep in mind that it may just be too soon for good discounts.
Although having seen Romanv's post re Model 2018, I might just wait a few weeks before placing my order in case new options appear in the UK also ;)
I was told that I have the option of moving my build slot past week 22 if I order now and get an earlier build date.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Yes I did get a discount. Ordering on the 20 December last year I got £1000 off plus the factory freeby of Canton and spacesaver. Not all of it from the dealer. ;) So I paid £29,650 OTR. Less £14,000k for my 18 month old Yeti with 6750 miles on the clock..

·
Registered
421 Posts
I got a £1,700 discount on a 1.4 SE L DSG with flat paint and ACC. List price of £28,950 for £27,249.

I've bought through a broker and after ordering i found the same thing with a £2,200 discount. My local dealership wouldn't give me a penny off, even when i showed them my quote.

Edit: i ordered on Thursday last week.

·
Registered
503 Posts
For the benefit of those looking to buy but not yet ordered, can you post which broker ? was it pre-reg ? what lead times did they give ? etc.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've seen some substantial advertised savings from auto####.com. £2200 on my base spec which is better than what I managed to negotiate; I'm not going to grumble on how much I have saved though. I have no idea on lead times from auto####.com.

Edit: censored broker site - unintentionally creating advertising via forum. Sorry.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Savage said:
For the benefit of those looking to buy but not yet ordered, can you post which broker ? was it pre-reg ? what lead times did they give ? etc.
I'm new on here and not too familiar with the rules so i don't want to break any by speaking of companies. The broker in question has already been mentioned now, but i found a better discount with another one after ordering. Que Sera Sera.

I'll be the first registered owner and will be in direct contact with the dealership from here on in.

Quite honestly, it's just a case of searching brokers and inputting what you want on their forms. Some can't get a discount, others can do well for you. I'd advise to do some research first to gain an understanding of the process.

Edit: i was initially advised of a 24 week wait but when placing my order i was told to expect a 4 month lead time, given i only have one factory fitted option.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hugh Fanism said:
I'm new on here and not too familiar with the rules so i don't want to break any by speaking of companies. The broker in question has already been mentioned now
Didn't even think of this when I posted. Have edited my post accordingly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts