Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Planning to order our Kodiaq next couple of days. We wanted a bigger car with an expanding family but no MPVs. It was a close contest between Kodiaq and Disco Sport but the lady of the house has voted for Skoda and I concur.

I'm still playing around with the configurations. This is our first new car so greatly appreciate your inputs

We are going for Kodiaq Edition Cappuccino Beige (as of tonight at least)

Engine is 1.4 150 DSG - We have a second car, very short commute to work, annual mileage last 4 years being 5000 or less, mainly London roads and no off-roading, so hoping to get better economy with this variant.

Extras are

Panoramic sunroof - absolute must
Virtual pedal - useful with one us slightly vertically challenged :)
Adaptive cruise control - Hope this is enough for Traffic Jam assist which we'll use exactly twice
Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds

Area view with rear LED lights high - This option requires Front and rear parking sensors OR Park Assist. I'm not sure what to select. Any pointers?

Are there any other obvious or useful options we should go for?

Once again, the conversations in this forum have been extremely useful to get us till here. Hope to get the order in and see you around.

:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
I believe in addition to the DSG and adaptive cruise, for traffic jam assist to work you need front and rear parking sensors. Parking assist however includes/needs front and rear parking sensors anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ChrisL,

Thanks and that makes sense. Configurator allows to select either but not both, so I assumed they are incompatible options. If Park Assist comes with sensors, that makes the choice straightforward

Thanks again

·
Registered
299 Posts
The virtual pedal in my view isn't such a good option - you can set the height to which the tailgate opens on its own - making it so you are also setting the height of the open/close button. Plus iirc, you can open it and close it with the remote anyway :)

If you are differing in height obviously the electric seats etc are superb. You may also want to consider the driver personalisation option since its quite cheap.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Park assist comes with extra 2 sensors over selecting just front and rear parking sensors I am told. I am happy with front and rear parking sensors and rear camera.

·
Registered
299 Posts
bigboss said:
Park assist comes with extra 2 sensors over selecting just front and rear parking sensors I am told. I am happy with front and rear parking sensors and rear camera.
That's the configuration we chose too.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Nooklog,
My 3 penn'orth is.
Virtual pedal, waste of money. As said above. you can open close the boot lid..........
1. from the switch on the drivers door
2. from the key fob
3. on the door itself. This is the only problematic one for a vertically challenged person to close the tailgate using the button on the door as it does open very high.

Sunroof ABSO~LOOTLY agree. Would not buy a car without!
I am a bit old fashioned and really don't feel the need for all the gizmology available on the K.
It is surprisingly easy to park in spite of its size, so I went for front sensors as the only parking aid.
I'm not worried about traffic jams as we don't get many darn ere in Darzett.
Area view, nice to have but not at Skodas prices thank you, Just a bit of a gimmick really. (Imho)

Cappuccino . I had a Cappuccino Fabia estate as my first Skoda and it is a very nice colour on a small car, but I am not too sure about it on a tank like the K. If you don't like any silvers or greys (I hate them all :lol: ) The up side is that it hardly shows the dirt!

I LOVE petrol Blue, but since my last Yeti was that colour I opted for jungle green, sadly no longer available. White is ok but not very exciting, there is one living down the road from me.
Black, Very smart if you want a hearse look-a-like on your drive.
Before all you silver, grey, black owners start having a go at me. I must point out that these comments are my personal choice. Whatever floats your boat , go for it I would never decry anyone from choosing what they want

Good luck with your choosing and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Colin,

Yeah, so we found the boot lid button quite high so the virtual pedal felt like a good idea. I didn't realise the key fob can close it as well. Technology has moved on a bit since I last bought a car :lol:

I'll divert the virtual pedal funds to mats and mud flaps or so once I get the dealer to demo the key fob.

Colour is a hot topic of debate last few days, maybe more than baby names. I am now convinced with no shred of doubt that beige is not a good option with kids and black does not go well with petrol blue.

But we may still go back to petrol blue or the brown in next couple of days. Only the shades of grey from white to black are completely ruled out.

Thanks again for all the responses. They have been super useful. Hopefully our wait starts from Thursday

·
Registered
617 Posts
Would highly recommend brown! We are a rare breed!! 😃

Looks stunning with beige interiors (have got a 4 year old, no issues with stains etc.).

The biggest use of area view is knowing where the kerb corner is, in relation to your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Booked on 22nd. Dealer reckons it will be delivered by first week of Dec latest. Which is couple of weeks in advance of the delivery of the additional passenger, so not much room for delays :lol:

Went with Edition Cappuccino beige with sunroof, most techie toys but no virtual pedal. Saw the jungle green model in Kodiaq brochure. That's a brilliant shade and a shame Skoda don't offer it anymore.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On the subject of the virtual pedal - it is the one option I wish we had put on, and the reason is that the key has the KESSY function. On my old car I didn't have this, so I would always fish the key out on returning to the car to open the doors, or open the powered tailgate. The KESSY key is different, you put it away in a pocket or bag and never need to fish it out, the key fob is surprisingly small and light and I have soon got used to not thinking about it. To open the car you just put your hand on the door handle and pull it open - great feature that I would otherwise not have specified if it had been an option.

BUT, now I find I am trying to open the boot in the same way, it seems strange to have to search for the key and I am left pushing the opener on the boot lid instead, which works the same as the door handles with one big difference - it is very dirty, obviously covered in road dirt.

So I am left frustrated that I can open all the doors effortlessly, but not the boot. It is an extra I would not have thought necessary or even useful, but now I wish I had specified it!

As for other things on your list, consider the reversing camera it is brilliant as it dosen't Just show you what is behind you, but also what is either side of the back of the car - which means you can see oncoming traffic or pedestrians when reversing out of a drive or parking spot.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You can also open (quick pull) or close (pull & hold) the tailgate on the switch near the front of the drivers door, But not much use when outside the car admittedly!!
I keep my remote on a clip on my trouser belt, It doesn't get in the way and is readily available when needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts