Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must confess, seeing all you lucky individuals with your Kodiaqs is turning me into a green eyed monster. I had a week 15 build and got the following update from my dealer today:-

'Your car has been built and is currently sat in Emden and received its compound arrival date of 24/04. It was released to ship 6 days ago so it looks like it has been fast passed to sail. We don't get a guaranteed departure date however the status will move to 'vehicle shipped' once underway which will change again to 'UK Port Grimsby' once it has received its UK compound entry status.

Maximum Emden to UK lead time is three weeks however I know Skoda are very keen to prioritise Kodiaqs so I would hope it'll come through fairly quickly'

So if I am lucky maybe 10 days. Worst case 3 weeks. I am just going to have to learn to be patient!

·
Registered
503 Posts
If its any consolation, and hopefully may give you an idea of timescale: mine was listed as left the factory on the 12th April, and had arrived in UK on the 18th April.
I was told it got loaded onto transporter late Tuesday. I am hoping for a call today to collect tomorrow ... fingers crossed.
I know the dealer was pushing for a handover on the 26th, but are at the mercy of the transporters.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know the feeling well.
Car arrived at Grimsby on 20th April, I know form Skoda UK that the dealer out in the transportation request the same day, had hoped to collect the car before the bank holiday weekend, but as I've had no further updates looks like that's not going to happen.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
My build week was 9. they didn't finish until week 10??? (it only takes 27 hours to build a Kodiaq??) It then sat waiting for a train for nearly a week, then it sat at Emden for over three weeks. Took 18 hours to cross the North Sea ( you can track the ship if you know it's name. Mine was 'City of Oslo' but it came to Sheerness, so yours is probably different.) Then it sat at Sheerness for at least a week and it arrived at the dealer on the 1st April. I picked it up on the 6th April. I ordered it on the 20th December!
Keep taking the tablets! You will get it eventually and you WILL love it. It will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ordered my only 2 weeks ago so I'm now happy to wait... in reality I don't mind if it comes after we get back from our holiday in August...if it is that long I may even delay it until 1 st September for the new reg number.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Colin, how did you do such accurate tracking, Apparently mine is built but could be anywhere..........

·
Registered
76 Posts
Murphy3 said:
I know the feeling well.
Car arrived at Grimsby on 20th April, I know form Skoda UK that the dealer out in the transportation request the same day, had hoped to collect the car before the bank holiday weekend, but as I've had no further updates looks like that's not going to happen.
Simpsons have just confirmed its still St Grimsby awaiting transportation to them :shock:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just been informed by salesperson that my Kodiaq left the production line but has been awaiting transport for over two weeks. So instead of first week in May it looks like third/fourth week

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
RCRCRC said:
Hi Colin, how did you do such accurate tracking, Apparently mine is built but could be anywhere..........
It's down to the efficiency of the dealer. Mine sent me updated status as soon as he found out where the car had moved to. I must admit I do have a particularly good relationship with him.
Meadens is a medium sized FAMILY owned business. Which I think makes all the difference. I spent my working life with Shell dealing with the Motor trade in all shapes and sizes and I always found that the best service, wether it be sales or service was always from the privately owned dealers.

To give you an example, my last company car was a new Astra SRI. Very quickly it went into 'limp home mode' and I took it to the main Vauxhall dealer in Plymouth and they kept if for two days and told me I it had been sorted. (I noticed the bonnet was open when i went in at one point).
I got up on to the A38 and it went straight back into limp mode. I went home via Tiverton and called in at the privately owned Vauxhall dealer. Told him what had happened and he immediately said "The Lambda sensor is duff, haven't got one but will have by 4.00pm tomorrow"
I went in the next day and I said "I'll Just open the bonnet for you" . He said" don't bother it's inside the car". He opened the drivers door pulled open a flap in the footwell, pulled out the old Lamda sensor , plugged in the new one. Problem solved.
So not only did the main dealer not know where to look nor what the problem was, but were totally useless.
Small garages CARE about their customers. Big groups invariably DON'T!

The attitude of the these large groups is sadly lacking in many case. Their staff basically don't give a stuff, or they are too busy. I was the first Kodiaq Order Meadens had taken and it was the 4th Skoda I had bought from them. Here is a picture of the form any decent Skoda dealer should supply you with note the status code number top left. I listed all the status codes earlier on the forum. Lookey here. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=273
Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree. Smaller family dealers much better. I am on my 2nd skoda with the Mitchell group and have had nothing but good service. I get regular updates and they respond to my many email requests for updates without delay. Just wish they had a magic wand and could get my car to me. :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts