Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of interest did many of you add on stuff like, Gap Cover, Lifetime Paint Protection, Smart Repair or Service plans when they ordered they're car.
The sales guy we're dealing with seems to want to add as much as possible but is reluctant to talk cost until we pretty much commit to ordering the car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Best to buy GAP separately. ALA offers GAP insurance at much cheaper prices, use code VP10 or TENOFFFB for 10% discount. Paint protection has been discussed on a couple of threads, waste of money. Best to get it done separately if needed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I mentioned to the salesman that he would be talking about Gap Insurance but he replied "We can't offer it at the moment". Apparently the dealership can't offer it for some reason but he didn't elaborate. I have used ALA Gap insurance for both my last car and my motorcycle and will be doing the same again as it is far cheaper than dealership prices for better cover. I added the Skoda service plan when I ordered. I saw that they had an advert for DiamondBrite paint protection and mentioned that I wouldn't consider it as I had had a problem in the past. I also bought the 5 year warranty cover. The salesman went off to discuss what they would offer on my car but wouldn't give a firm offer due to the fact that the delivery would be 5 months hence. He came back and told me that they had added DiamondBrite paint protection and textile mats, at my cost to the order. I told him that he could take them off again as I wouldn't be having them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think you need to go to a different dealer. Sound pretty poor to me.

·
Registered
617 Posts
neilysump said:
I think you need to go to a different dealer. Sound pretty poor to me.
Agreed. I told my dealer at the outset that I'm not interested in any extras, and he didn't pester.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The problem was soon resolved. They took off the mats and DiamondBrite as soon as I told them to.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was offered Gap insurance but declined. It was going to cost £400 but is about half this price via ALA with the discount (as detailed above).

Paint protection......waste of money. See separate thread re other alternatives.

Smart insurance......I will probably take this, on the basis that only 1-2 minor knocks / scratches (e.g. Supermarket car park) and it will have paid for itself......and for £400 it'll probably be worth that in retaining residual value.

Service plans....undecided but will probably take something as they're not bad value.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Blackaddder said:
Out of interest did many of you add on stuff like, Gap Cover, Lifetime Paint Protection, Smart Repair or Service plans when they ordered they're car.
The sales guy we're dealing with seems to want to add as much as possible but is reluctant to talk cost until we pretty much commit to ordering the car.

Thanks.
He, you should go to my dealer, he is the opposite - like -
me: hmm, I'd like to add Traffic Sign Recognition.
dealer: uh, why you want that for? you got the navi system.
me: hmm, I'd like to add ISOFix on front passenger seat
dealer: uh, why you want that for? You going to take kids in the front?
me: hmm, I'd like to add Child Protection Pack
dealer: uh, why you want that for? you're better off using the manual child-lock on the doors.
... repeat for other stuff.

·
Registered
617 Posts
$k0d1ak said:
Blackaddder said:

Thanks.
He, you should go to my dealer, he is the opposite - like -
me: hmm, I'd like to add Traffic Sign Recognition.
dealer: uh, why you want that for? you got the navi system.
me: hmm, I'd like to add ISOFix on front passenger seat
dealer: uh, why you want that for? You going to take kids in the front?
me: hmm, I'd like to add Child Protection Pack
dealer: uh, why you want that for? you're better off using the manual child-lock on the doors.
... repeat for other stuff.
:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts