Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After a couple of days with my Kodiaq Style I thought I should write a little about the shortcomings from Skoda when it comes to technology etc.

- There are only one(1) USB port available in this huge car (not good)
I did not order the extra USB for the second row though... Still...

- There are no USB/Connectivity/Charging possibilities in the middle armrest(compartment between seats). Why?

- There are no USB/Connectivity/Charging possibilities in the glow box, non of them. Why?

- The USB in the front compartment cannot use any internet broadband stick, only Skodas own. Why?

- The Skoda oneapp doesn't record any drive without starting the app. Every single time you need to do this. Why can't it just download all data from the cloud like Skoda connect app instead? Otherwise much more and better data than Skoda connect app in oneapp...and that brings me to the question why there are five apps, or more, to choose from, when one would be enough..?

- Why do you need to activate the heater for the side mirrors separately? On all other cars I´ve owned it activates together with the back window heater. Anyone who knows why?

So, not "Simply clever" all the time Skoda. But you are getting there...
And, I´m still very happy with the car and would recommend it to everyone!

JoHn

·
Registered
724 Posts
Wow, you are reading my mind. Probably your suggestions are clever but not the simple ones. That side mirror heating switch is really weird. I mean if I can merge steering wheel and front seat heater, why can I do the same with mirrors and back window?

Fortunatelly I did order the rear USB/230V and LTE module for Columbus because I did expect limitations w/o them. I am looking forward to new iPhone and its wireless charging that will eliminate the need for USB.

But I did notice something else. My kid used his Nintendo Switch connected to Kodiaq's hotspot but he couldn't play multiplayer games because of NAT problem. That really sucks.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
magmyra said:
Hi,

After a couple of days with my Kodiaq Style I thought I should write a little about the shortcomings from Skoda when it comes to technology etc.

- There are only one(1) USB port available in this huge car (not good)
I did not order the extra USB for the second row though... Still...

- There are no USB/Connectivity/Charging possibilities in the middle armrest(compartment between seats). Why?

- There are no USB/Connectivity/Charging possibilities in the glow box, non of them. Why?

- The USB in the front compartment cannot use any internet broadband stick, only Skodas own. Why?

- The Skoda oneapp doesn't record any drive without starting the app. Every single time you need to do this. Why can't it just download all data from the cloud like Skoda connect app instead? Otherwise much more and better data than Skoda connect app in oneapp...and that brings me to the question why there are five apps, or more, to choose from, when one would be enough..?

- Why do you need to activate the heater for the side mirrors separately? On all other cars I´ve owned it activates together with the back window heater. Anyone who knows why?

So, not "Simply clever" all the time Skoda. But you are getting there...
And, I´m still very happy with the car and would recommend it to everyone!

JoHn
I don't get it - if you knowingly not order the 2nd row USB why are you whining about it? It's like me ordering a well done steak to complain that it's not soft and pink in the middle! You should have done your due diligence before purchasing the car. While I know of cars with a 12V socket in the glove box why do you need USB in the glove box?! You want music? Put it on an SD card. You wanna charge? Use a 12V to USB charger. Didn't know that USB connections were so important in car purchasing. Boo hoo - maybe Skoda should start to include these as standard.

Regarding Carstick, my dealer has shown me it working with a Huawei one. Not sure which model though. Side mirror heating yeah I agree with you on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts