Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Guys,

Im completely pi#!ed off!

As you know, I ordered a Kodiaq Edition with high spec on 23rd December through Simpsons Skoda, recently been given week 19. This is a lease @ £438pm over 3 years.

This was my max budget, really pushing the ceiling but I had bought into it given the high spec.

Well Simpsons just called me tonight to say they are ringing all lease customers (Yeti, Superb also) to let then know of price increaaes due to the new tax bands. What the hell!

They said it will push my lease to £450pm or I can front load it.

The 190bhp 4x4 DSG is 151g/c02 so its now £500 for the first year (apparently Skoda pay second & third) They had worked into the price originally only £145 for the first year.

My point is, the VED price changes were already out in December when I ordered and they new they were not delivering until after April so why advertise with the old tax band knowing it would not apply?

I may cancel my order, I cannot justify such a price hike (reducing selected options just puts me off to be honest). £450 would lease me a new X5 or Q7 before April.. Absolutely gutted.

Check with your dealers!!!...

Thoughts..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just had a similar call from Simpsons myself, saying the 3 yr lease cost for my 1.4TSI 4X4 DSG was going from 319 to 330 per month.

Initially accepted it Iver the phone, but have since emailed Simpsons for clarification as the new VED rates were first published in July 2015 so cannot have been a surprise to Skoda. Also as the official release date for the Kodiaq is 6th April they should all fall under the new tax rates.

Also, unsure how the tax change equates to an £11 per month increase as my understanding of the the tax changes for a vehicle emitting 163 g/km is that under the current pre April 17 rules, it would have been taxed at £185 for all three years which is a total of £555, whereas after April 17 it will be taxed at £500 for year 1, and £140 for the remaining 2 years, which is a total of £780, therefore an increase of £225, which over 35 months equates to £6.42 per month, not the £11 quoted on the telephone.

So again have emailed for clarification.

Getting a little bit peeved as getting the car on Lease, which initially looked to be a good deal is rapidly appearing less appealing. Additionally as a Lease is not classed as a retail sale we don't get the Canton Audio and Space saver FOC upgrade.... With no explanation as to why.

Anyone else had a similar experience.

·
Registered
314 Posts
darkKnight54 said:
reducing selected options just puts me off to be honest). £450 would lease me a new X5 or Q7 before April.. Absolutely gutted.

Thoughts..
What was the total cost of your options?

The only PCH I have so far came in @ £462 (£396 + VAT) yhis is on the same car as you... 190 Edition but with £5k worth of options (making it a few £'s under 40K)

I know any options hammer the PCP / PCH price as you pay full whack for them, so it would be nice to see the cost of yours.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gizmo68 said:
darkKnight54 said:
reducing selected options just puts me off to be honest). £450 would lease me a new X5 or Q7 before April.. Absolutely gutted.

Thoughts..
What was the total cost of your options?

The only PCH I have so far came in @ £462 (£396 + VAT) yhis is on the same car as you... 190 Edition but with £5k worth of options (making it a few £'s under 40K)

I know any options hammer the PCP / PCH price as you pay full whack for them, so it would be nice to see the cost of yours.
My full deal/spec - second post in this thread: http://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=163&p=481#p481

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks thats actually a good deal compared to what I have been offered then especially as mine required a £6K deposit.

I am still unsure if buying outright would not be better for me though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Having been informed by Simpsons that my monthly payment would be increasing by £11 due the the RFL changes, I queried the amount of the rise, plus the fact that Skoda must have known before they published any lease pricing.

Just had an email from Simpsons stating that there was an error in the calculation and the increase is now £9 per month... Every little helps.

I have had my manager check the figures on your Kodiaq, there is a flaw in the monthly rental.

The monthly rental will change to £328 , opposed to £330.79.

Just to explain a little on the RFL. Skoda normally pay the 2nd and 3rd year of the Road Fund Licence and the 1st year is added into your monthly rentals, therefore, Skoda will still pay for your 2nd and 3rd year and the £185 of the 1st year will be deducted from the £500, leaving £315, the £315 is then divided in your monthly rentals, this increases your monthly rentals by £9 per month.
Still believe that Skoda should have taken the new RFL rates into account in their initial pricing so have asked Simpsons and Skoda Customer Services about this point, and being cheeky have asked for a goodwill gesture E. G. One of my selected options to be FOC, especially as Lease deals don't qualify for the Canton Upgrade that retail sales are getting. Will post any response one I receive it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts