Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Dear Kodiaq Owners,
I have a question that I need to know and you being owners you can answer it at first hand. It's about the clearance of the tailgate when you park the SUV against concrete or plastic barriers. Can you still be able to open it when you wedge yourself between the car and the barriers or other obstacles if distance is less than 30 centimeters?
I'm not talking about the opening height I know you can adjust the maximum height, my concern is to know whether or not tailgate hits the obstacles when you are too close to them, in sedans that's not a problem you will park as close as you can
Happy Days

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You need 14inches from the most 'sticky-outy' part of the black bumper in the centre, to avoid hitting an obstacle. if you are standing within that 14 inch area it will hit you and it probably won't stop. I haven't tried to restrain it going up, but the auto stop going down is very badly calibrated. If you were to trap a dogs paw in the door when closing I would guess it would break the dog's toes.
See
at 33mins 25 seconds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.