Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I took delivery of my Kodiaq edition last week and all is well so far.

However, I have two queries if anyone can help.

1, i have a large capacity sd card which worked fine in my last car (an Octavia). In the Kodiaq however it appears that there are a maximum number of synchronisabe files which i've now exceeded. So I've only got access to some of the music. Any ideas how what the max number of files is?

2, the windscreen washers are unimpressive. I opted for the heated ones but it takes about four wipes of the wipers before any water hits the screen and the pressure seems very poor. I'll have a go at changing the angle of the jets but with such poor pressure i'm not sure if i can get it to hit the screen any higher than about a quarter of the screen up (just above the wipers). Is this normal?

Any help would be great thanks,

Rory

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
There have been previous comments re pathetic washers. I can't speak for heated as i don't have them. I enlarged the slot with a tiny flat bladed screwdriver. They are now pretty good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree about the washers.If you are on a dirty road or following a truck the passenger side at the top ends up totally obscured with muck and no amount of squirting will clear it.I read some on here have enlarged the jet holes? Not got round to dealing with it myself yet.Rubbish design at least on rhd cars.

·
Registered
945 Posts
rory2112 said:
Hi All,

I took delivery of my Kodiaq edition last week and all is well so far.

However, I have two queries if anyone can help.

1, i have a large capacity sd card which worked fine in my last car (an Octavia). In the Kodiaq however it appears that there are a maximum number of synchronisabe files which i've now exceeded. So I've only got access to some of the music. Any ideas how what the max number of files is?

2, the windscreen washers are unimpressive. I opted for the heated ones but it takes about four wipes of the wipers before any water hits the screen and the pressure seems very poor. I'll have a go at changing the angle of the jets but with such poor pressure i'm not sure if i can get it to hit the screen any higher than about a quarter of the screen up (just above the wipers). Is this normal?

Any help would be great thanks,

Rory
I think we all agree the wipers are rubbish.

Regarding the SD Card, the manual claims " "In the list, the first 1000 entries (titles, directories etc.) are displayed with the oldest creation date". I think this relates to the maximum number of items displayed in any one list or directory at any one time and not the limitations on the complete volume. Assuming your tracks are stored using some sane structure you shouldn't have an issue.

I have over 3,500 tracks on a 128gb SD Card and never had an issue. I ripped in FLAC and converted to MP3 to save space on the SD card as the total number of FLAC files exceeded the cards capacity.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got to say I don't seem to have a problem with the washers. Or anything else, come to that. Am I doing something wrong? :D

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Perhaps Skoda have recognised the problem and sorted it.
How long have you had it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Had it since late July, but it was a stock car so i'm unsure of the build week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also find the washer/wipers in the upper passenger side are rubbish. I thought there was something greasy on the screen causing it and have repeatedly tried wiping it in the hope it would be resolved! Sounds like it was time wasted and a bit of brute force might solve it with the jets. Oh well! Shame on a new car!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I don't know how long VAG have been using the 'fan' jets. So I suppose they just had a duff load from the manufacturers. Like they had a duff load or rear wiper motors for 15 & 65 reg Yetis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts