Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Skodiaq (with sunroof) in April 2017 and am still waiting for it to arrive !!!!!!. Last week I popped into my local dealer to have a sit in their resident skodiaq and was told by the salesman that you now can no longer have a sunroof on any model of this car.... I tried on the configurator and it wont allow you to include a sunroof .Does anyone know why this has happened re the sunroofs if indeed it is true ???

2.0 TDI Style, (SE) white, 7 seats DSG, with tow bar and sunroof (perhaps)

·
Registered
289 Posts
The pano roof is still available as an option on the UK configurator.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Because they leak?

·
Registered
85 Posts
MoominPapa said:
The pano roof is still available as an option on the UK configurator.
Still available in Finland too,

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
andyvee said:
Because they leak?
Mine doesn't and boy has it rained down south in Dorset!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've had 2 VAG cars with pano roofs, and both have leaked. New cars as well. Never again. One needed all the headlining out and all the carpets and underlay replacing under warranty!

I know this isn't typical, but if you do a bit of googling there is a recurring theme.

·
Registered
289 Posts
andyvee said:
I know this isn't typical, but if you do a bit of googling there is a recurring theme.
Agreed. I didn't bother to add the pano for both the risk of leaking and the penalty of weight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
many thanks for your replies guys, must just be a Spanish thing.....
I am sure the leaking issue wont bother us here in sunny Javea in Espagne :cool:

looking fwd to getting the call that it has arrived in Valencia, still no word as yet..

Al H

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have had Yeti and now K with Pano roofs. Never a leak.
If they leak when a few years old it is usually because the drain channels have become blocked.
I leaking when new. Then yo have a problem!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I have had Yeti and now K with Pano roofs. Never a leak.
If they leak when a few years old it is usually because the drain channels have become blocked.
I leaking when new. Then yo have a problem!
Drain tubes not blocked, and within spec for litres per minute flow when tested.

Loads of cases of VAG pano roof leaks over the years, I'm not risking it again :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Bad luck. I don't know why it should have happened.
My two main requirements on any car are heated front seats and opening glass roof (by whatever name the maker calls it) I would not buy any car if those two features are not available. (So no Mazda then!!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts