Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondering about others' experiences and whether I'm being fobbed off by Skoda…I ordered a Kodiaq 2.0 TSI 180PS SE L on 21st February and was told at the time to expect delivery in late May.

Come end of March rang the dealer for an update, I was told mid-June, fair enough. The next week, on asking a separate question I'm told that the car isn't scheduled for production until week 24, so won't be with me until the end of July?!!! I queried with Skoda UK and was told the delay was because I had ordered a panoramic sunroof and they were starting production of these in week 22.

Now looking here, it seems others have managed to get Kodiaqs with the panoramic sunroof already, essentially I'd like to know;
1) When did those who have received Kodiaqs with sunroofs or have confirmed delivery dates for these place their orders?
2) Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Having really enjoyed our Yeti we've had for five years, and been excited by the Kodiaq, I'm feeling quite deflated and the fact Skoda UK seem to be making things up as they go along and also siding with the salespersons' account with no evidence isn't really helping… any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ordered mid feb with a pano roof
Received an estimated date within 2 weeks
And confirmed build in week 14

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have not received mine yet but only ordered at the end of March.
Confirmed build week of 18 for my Kodiaq with sunroof.
My dealer has not told me of any problem with the sunroofs and I expect to receive it end of May beginning of June.
So they could possibly be running out of them or my build week is going to change :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Perfectly normal, you will get the car as and when it suits them and they will give you any old bullshit and speculative reasons which are totally inconsistent with what they tell anyone else.

Why they dont just tell everyone the truth ive no idea as people woukd be more understanding.

Anyway Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Or even better why don't Skoda copy the VW system whereby customers can track their own cars????

Seriously though.... It sounds like a typical Skoda problem this has happened in the dim, distant past on the launch of the Yeti, and even before that on the Octavia. Not only did Yeti delivery go out to a YEAR you couldn't get a pano roof for love nor money. They RAN OUT! Obviously they are supplied by an outside company and I think Skoda simply underestimate the requirements of their customers and don't order enough from the supplier. You can't blame SUK. But I would hate to go to a drinking party organised by the factory.
I agree. Just be honest and say sorry, we've cocked it up. I'd far rather be told the truth than all the bullsh1t we get.
Mine was ordered 20th December and built week 9.
At least I have an extremely rare Kodiaq. It's Jungle green AND it's got a sun roof. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, i'm new to the forums and i have some info you might be looking for.

When i was ordering mine (live in Slovenia) I talked to the Chief Sales Manager about the supply deadline (in my country they are sold out for this year for a month now, be getting mine hopefully at the end of the year) and he said that if you don't order any "frilly extras" it's 8 month waitting time (this was since February for my country) BUT IF you order electric seat adjustment, sunroof or trailer hook the waitting time is few months longer. Furthermore he added, that if you choose the medium equiped (here it's Active<Ambition<Style) the waitting time is shorter by a month or two.

As I understand the popularity of Kodiaq suprised everyone at Škoda so they have centered the mainstay of the production capacity to the most sought-after models (by Škoda statistics reference) which is the middle equiped car.

And another dealer, whom i know personaly, said that this is the FIRST TIME Škoda set yearly production quotes for countrys so you all on the British Isles should feel lucky that you have the steering wheel on the right side because more vehicles are allocated to you due to special production requirements.

I personaly didn't want to order the car until I have had a test drive. First time I actuly had the pleasure to see the car at a dealer was at the start of March and to drive arround at the end of it (which is when i ordered mine). Was talking to a dealer in between January and February and he said to me that it's 8 month waitting period already before the car could be seen!

So bottom line is, feel happy that you will get your car in the summer even thought it might be delayed a bit, because there are alot of people like me who will have to wait until maybe even the next year.

Cheerz all

·
Registered
724 Posts
Brown_bear, I really like what you have writen :)

Kodiaq is my first car that I've been emotionally attached to. All other cars were always just means of transport to me. Of course, automatic air-conditioning, CD player or navi made my next cars better but all those cars were just cars and I didn't participate on any forum nor I didn't read any reviews in magazines or on Internet.

I am a gadget geek and Kodiaq is like a new gadget to me comparable with new smartphone, new tablet, new smart TV or new computer. I've studied all features of the car, read the owner's manual, etc. Unfortunatelly when you are so attached to the car, you are also more vulnerable to bad news like delivery date. It is not hard to forgive Skoda for a delay but not if somebody that ordered after you gets the car before you do.

But your news are great for me.

Oh, BTW, in Austria all 1800 this year's Kodiaqs are already sold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your help.

My two best guesses are either; i) despite taking our order and deposit in Feb, the dealer then forgot to process it until I followed-up in late March, ii) (despite confirming they could order in Feb) the dealer outsold their quota for Feb/Mar and simply added our order onto April's without telling us.

Either way, I have no idea why Skoda UK would seem to make things up when they're so easy to suss on places like this?!

Have asked Customer Services to give us a real answer as to what happened, but guess unless they start playing ball the next step is to try and escalate this elsewhere with Skoda? Anyone had any luck with this?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I ordered mine at end of March with pan roof. Original estimate was 16 weeks which escalated to 19 weeks but has now come down to build week 19 which is early may.

When I spoke to Skoda uk and asked about the week 22 update they said the only thing they were aware of was that was when sunroofs were going on cars. I panicked a bit but I see others here have similar build weeks to me. On the phone they said that yes mine did have pan roof on the order so therefore they must have sourced parts sooner than week 22. Equally they didn't know anything about other week 22 updates and when I asked about the touchscreen up to 9inch now they said I knew more than them. Skoda uk have been pretty helpful and clear to me. I suspect they're just going off what info they're fed from the factory which may be region dependent. Not sure if this info helps!

·
Registered
42 Posts
As far as i know about prices, Škoda launched the Kodiaq at a realy reasonable price, compared to the same size Q5 it's about 20k euros cheaper with comparable equipment, only Hyundai Tuscon and new Nissan X-Trail come close, price wise, and they are alot smaller cars.
Been talking to some dealers here that i know and they said Škoda raised the prices on the Kodiaq in February, due to such a succes, but the dealers won't raise the prices until summer or next year, mabye when the new gadgets come like the bigger navi, the scout and sport edition and maybe even VW virtual cabin.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Nelly,
You are quite correct.
SUK only have what the factory tells them to go on,
SUK are only importers they are not part of Skoda-Auto, as I understand it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Brown_bear said:
As far as i know about prices, Škoda launched the Kodiaq at a realy reasonable price, compared to the same size Q5 it's about 20k euros cheaper with comparable equipment, only Hyundai Tuscon and new Nissan X-Trail come close, price wise, and they are alot smaller cars.
The Kodiaq is bigger than the Q5 and comes with option of 7 seats. So you get a lot more for the money.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, size wise, Kodiaq sits between Q5 and Q7, i compared it to Q5 because i was looking to buy a Q5 before i went to check out the Kodiaq. I prefer big cars. That and the ridiculous price of the Q5, for what, the badge? In my opinion, if you want a BMW, MB or Audi you need to splah out at least 70k euros, if you don't you're just buying a stripped down version of the car -> the badge. In my opinion Škoda offers high quality large interior cars for a reasonable ammount of money. Like you said, with Škoda you get the most for your money.

Furthermore, in my opinion, when the high end brands went into the economy class of cars with their smaller versions (Q2,Q3,A3,X1,X2,X4,2,4,Aclass,Bclass) they made a grave mistake. They invested so much money into R/D that now you have their high ends models laking in build quality and mechanical tech inovations. You can put all the electronic gizmos and gadgets into any car, it's the mechanical inovative underprint that gives luxury cars their spirit and their pricetag.

I used to own everything from a MB SLK to BMW 5 and Audi A8 and i was very satisfied with them, but wouldn't buy a new one, because they aren't worth their pricetag anymore.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Getting back on topic - I've just had update from my dealer that my Edition with sunroof is still on for Week 19 build, so no change for last few weeks (a good sign), and not pushed past week 22 due to any sunroof delays etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts