Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All, after driving ab. 600 km my left front rim and wheel became a bit copper-coloured (see attachment). All remaining wheels are OK (black residuum). What can be the reason of this phenomenon? I was thinking about braking pads, but why only this one? Can it be a problem with hub?
I'm going to visit my garage tomorrow, but am curious what's your opinion about it. Thank you very much in advance for your tips.
P.S. One more thing: I measured temperature of all brake discs (ab. 10 min after arriving) and the LF was 70 C, RF: 48 C, LR: 40 C and the RR was 34 C degree.
Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have found the same on both front wheels. Residue build up is much higher than on the rears. I first noticed it after the cars first long run out on a motorway.

I believe that it is just brake dust and if what I have read somewhere (can't remember where) is something peculiar to VAG group cars. I have now done 1,800 miles (28,880 km) but noticed it at a similar point to you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You will always get more brake dust build up on the front wheels because the front brakes work harder than the rears. Roughly 60/40 split depending on vehicle weight & balance.

Also I believe, the Triglev design isn't left/right side specific so although both front wheels rotate in the same direction the design doesn't! Thus giving different rates of build up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts