Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 4 days the stop start hasn't worked, engine warm turned heating off and on, 40 mile run, quite a lot of short runs, worked fine up till then, any ideas anyone? :?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've replied to your post on Briskoda :)

Check in the Infotainment under Car > Vehicle Status and the Stop/Start status - it will tell you why it isn't available.

My money is on 'Engine must be running' or 'High Power Consumption' being the reasons.

This means the car is either charging the battery as it has become slightly discharged or it thinks the Climatronic needs to be running.

Do you have a heated front windscreen - if so, when this is on S/S is unavailable (and it will turn it on automatically)
Or do you run a dashcam or leave a phone charger plugged in to the 12v socket - it is permanently live so these will slowly discharge the battery.

You are also a diesel - if it is trying to do a regen S/S is unavailable.

If you are not getting error messages it is nothing to worry about - just let the car do its thing!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't have anything meaningful to contribute but just wanted to say hello as you're fairly local - I'm in Wroughton.

Useful checklist btw Andy ;)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
davebakerpurton said:
For the last 4 days the stop start hasn't worked, engine warm turned heating off and on, 40 mile run, quite a lot of short runs, worked fine up till then, any ideas anyone? :?
Just be grateful!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yup, I'd suggest you think of it as a free upgrade!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Despite all the comments above, I quite like S/S - I've been driving DSG Skoda's since 2013 with S/S and find it really easy to control with the pressure on the brake pedal. I don't think it saves any fuel, and I doubt very much if it cuts emissions by anything noticeable, but it must help when stuck in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have had ss on my last two company cars and it usually improved mpg but only if you spend lots of time in traffic, I await to see if the skoda system is as intelligent as the Audi system.

Or even the Vauxhall for that matter.

Stop starts unless battery is charging / heated seat or Windows are on / car is stationary with wheels angled as tho at a junction ready to move.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we did a long run [Swindon too Addinkerke in Belgium and back] still not working, also noticed that the wipers wouldn't work on start up until we started to move, so decided to take it in to the dealer, went into town first to get a couple of things, guess what everything started working again. not sure what to do now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was told that in low temps especially if you have a diesel it won't work. It comes down to battery charge. My wife's diesel mini anything below 5-6 deg it doesn't work if you don't drive the car for a week it won't work until it fully charges the battery.

My petrol Kodiaq it works in all temps once heated up, however if I don't drive it for a week it takes a good run to boost the battery and it's working again. Start stop works on air temp and battery charge, remember cold weather affects the battery massively and a diesel will suck the battery on start unlike a petrol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ours started to do that at about 5000. Couldn't find a reason. All that was listed was 'power consumption high'. Still never got to the bottom of it, even after long runs it would be like it. (We drove from the midlands to Cornwall in the summer and it still did it)

Anyway, have no idea if it's related but the past few weeks the fuel has been dropping like a stone and so has the ad blue.

A few times the stop start has failed to work, and the car has had to be switched off a restarted.

Then last Thursday it seemed like it was going to stall a few times but didn't. Then went to pick my daughter up from brownies and when we got back to the car it wouldn't start 😬 it kept throwing over but not firing. Did his until the battery was dead (only took three failed starts to do this)

AA came, jump started it and it didn't miss a beat. There were several fault codes registered but he didn't have the right software to properly decode them.

It was booked into the garage for this Wednesday. Then today at 3pm (have used it several times today all fine) it decided it wasn't even going to throw over and was telling me I needed to start the engine manually. Not exactly sure what this meant!! With a crank maybe?!? Anyway took the AA two hours to come (all through 'Skoda Assist'). He jump started it again but it wasn't running right so he followed us to the local dealer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
davebakerpurton said:
Well we did a long run [Swindon too Addinkerke in Belgium and back] still not working, also noticed that the wipers wouldn't work on start up until we started to move, so decided to take it in to the dealer, went into town first to get a couple of things, guess what everything started working again. not sure what to do now.
Wipers wouldn't work? - what position was the wiper stalk in?

What reason for S/S not being available is displayed in the Infotainment Unit (Menu > Vehicle)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts