Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Stop/Start tip

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Colin Lambert 
#1 ·
Because I am a tight~wad ;) I am driving round town on 'E'. This means that the stop/start system activates even when the engine is cold . It stops at every available opportunity but it starts much more quickly and silently than did the yeti system.
BUT.........If you want to restart with your foot still firmly planted on the brake pedal, simply tug the (by now lifeless) steering wheel in either direction by only a few mms and the engine will fire up and KEEP running even with your foot on the brake. Thus ensuring a speedier getaway at junctions.
Seemples!

#3 ·
All previous cars that I have had equipped with start stop, always restarted if slightly moved the steering wheel. Seems strange that the yeti didn't work that way but good tip for those unaware.

#4 ·
KodiaqPetrolHead said:
I like it Colin!

Hope you're now well.
Thanks Petrolhead,
No answer yet re ticker. Awaiting Stress MRI on 12/6. I have self diagnosed with MVD (microvascular disease) as I have all the symptoms but one. Basically it means that the tiny blood vessels are impaired, as opposed to the coronary arteries. Obviously they can't by-pass those so I don't know what the answer is until I get a diagnosis and speak to the cardiologist.

#8 ·
Using 'E' As I do 'cos I'm a tightwad, you cannot turn off S/S. every time you brake it switches back on again.
But it is much quicker, more silent and smoother than the Yeti S/S

#9 ·
I drive in E mode as a default, but frequently click the lever back to swap to S mode if I see a junction coming up and I want to guarantee a sharper pick up. I also flip the paddles as needed, upwards or downwards whenever I disagree with the DSG box logic.

I also happily switch off the Stop / Start every time and it certainly stays off even in E mode.

#10 ·
I use Eco mode and find if I "soft press" the brake it doesn't cut out so at a junction there is no delay.
If I want to stop the engine give a firmer press and it knocks itself off.

For a faster take-off if I have time I knock it into Sport.

No paddling for me in my lowly SE L!

#11 ·
I know it is a matter of personal choice, but I have had 3 cars with flippy flappy paddles. Total waste of time on anything other than a sports car IMHO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.