Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how StopStart works on the Superb or other Skoda vehicles but I do hope their is an option on the Kodiaq to remember the last setting on the disable button (i.e remember I pressed 'off' after an engine restart).

My wifes Focus has SS and it is driving me insane, I keep putting the car in neutral at the end of the road - always busy junction (habit and yes I know I can press the button but I always forget).

I wonder what options may await us in VCDS or hopefully, a memory on disable, heres hoping.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
If it's like any other Skoda car then no, from the factory there is no memory for the Start-Stop system and will have to be coded in via VCDS. You can expect VCDS coding will be like any other VAG car, feature-wise.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
DO NOT, under any circumstances attempt to disconnect the switch. The result of so doing will render the car unable to be started AT ALL!
Train yourself , as I have done' to turn the bluddy thing off at start up every time. My location and the time & type of my driving it saves me NO FUEL WHATSOEVER! it is a right royal pain in the @rse!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tell you what, if somebody invents a little widget, the size of a lego brick that maybe has a sucker around the edge to stick over the button and automatically depresses the button on startup they would make a mint. Maybe penny battery powered, would just need to detect engine start. Get it on eBay!

If anyone makes a million from this I want some credit! ;P

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
darkKnight54 said:
I tell you what, if somebody invents a little widget, the size of a lego brick that maybe has a sucker around the edge to stick over the button and automatically depresses the button on startup they would make a mint. Maybe penny battery powered, would just need to detect engine start. Get it on eBay!

Or just code it in via VCDS... On other UK forums for VAG cars there is sometimes a list of people with VCDS that you can ask to use.

·
Administrator
186 Posts
darkKnight54 said:

The Simpsons beat you to it years ago!

Computer Personal computer Office equipment Input device Output device

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Paymaster said:
What model is that Rob and how do you do it?
Skoda Switch similar to this (industry norm seems to be the 'A" with a circle(

or a Ford one may ;look like this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts